What Beat 'em Ups are you playing? Daily/Weekly check

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Playing some Final Fight with my nephew and cousins.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
My Guardians/Denjin Makai II love affair is in overdrive.

I've only scratched the surface in this game over the years, but I'm using Tulks now..the ultimate big-man beat 'em up grappler.

Suplexes, powerbombs, enzuigiris, moonsaults, a thong and a gun. I'm still learning how this insane combo engine works…and I've yet to see an example of Tulk's combo ability demonstrated (plenty of vids out there for Girulian and all the chick characters.) But I'm able to do a 15-hit juggle so far on the first boss. 15 hits is not enough.

I think next to Final Fight, this is the second best beat 'em up of all time.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Still playing Denjin Makai II. I'm learning how to combo better (24 hits), but I'm using Girulian.

The only concern here is that big combos create big scores. And scoring high increases rank..

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Gang Wars (minis on the Vita). Game is a little corny but I like I like the way there are options with the characters.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I've been playing Captain Commando lately. I'm still pretty horrible at it. I've been very tempted to pick up one of the many Denjin Makai IIs that I see on ebay. I'm never sure if they're real or not. I guess I've been too lazy to look up what a real one looks like.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Battle Circuit. It's a really nice little swansong to the beat 'em up genre by Capcom.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
watch me try to correct something aagin!

ss2 is a fighter not a beat on them up?

maybe that new korean phone(android?)samurai shodown(correction apparently its not a SS game it just features the characters?) with the chibi Haohmaru would qualify as a beat em up, even though it looked to me like he enemies only took one hit, maybe two sometimes which would make it qualify? there is forced scrolling though too? http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/samurai-shodown-stars-in-a-korean-mobile-game/

everyone kalkalkal? whatever it was it was hard to find a link to prove I wasn't imagining it?

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
ss2 is a fighter not a beat on them up?

maybe that new korean phone(android?)samurai shodown(correction apparently its not a SS game it just features the characters?) with the chibi Haohmaru would qualify as a beat em up, even though it looked to me like he enemies only took one hit, maybe two sometimes which would make it qualify? there is forced scrolling though too? http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/samurai-shodown-stars-in-a-korean-mobile-game/

everyone kalkalkal? whatever it was it was hard to find a link to prove I wasn't imagining it?

Tell 'em Karou.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I'm asking so I can know too, more than telling.
I hope I'm right this time though!

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
A friend and I just ran through The Ninja Kids on the Taito Legends collection on PS2. Hilarious and surprisingly good looking, solid and mechanically advanced game. Game had rolls, dodges dashes, dive kicks, unique special and super specials way back in 1990. Pretty cool game overall. Kind of short though. I think it only had 5 levels and lots of repeat enemies and bosses.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Finally sat down for a bit to play some games. I was in a beat em up mood so in order it was Violent Storm pcb, Monster Maulers/Dadandarn pcb, and Hot Blooded Family 熱血親子 on Saturn. It's not the greatest game but I do miss Tecno Soft.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Finally sat down for a bit to play some games. I was in a beat em up mood so in order it was Violent Storm pcb, Monster Maulers/Dadandarn pcb, and Hot Blooded Family 熱血親子 on Saturn. It's not the greatest game but I do miss Tecno Soft.

I have yet to here anyone mention Nekketsu Oyako without saying "it's not the greatest" "it's average" "it's nothing special".

False! For a console only beat 'em up, it's one of the best as far as it's engine is concerned.

PS: I love Violent Storm.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Last Gladiator with Grunn the Destroyer on Auto...looks so bad ass, which that color was available in Manual.