What did I buy?

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
I recently bought an arcade board for cheap because the seller claimed he didn't know what it was. I figured for £10 I wouldn't go too wrong really.

Now the board arrived today and I was planning to just plug it into my supergun to see what it was but this thing does not appear to be jamma so that plan went out the window. I now have a board that I cant test (until I find out its pinout anyway) and have no idea what it is!

So can anyone tell me what it is? Or at least what the pinout would be so i can cobble together an adaptor or something for it...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh also random I know but does anyone know what Sports Shooting USA on the Atomiswave is worth in the UK?

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Try Jamma + or Arcade Otaku for more info, if you dont get an answer here. Alot of early arcade board werent jamma so i presume it's an old one :-J.
Now the pics loaded it dont look too old, might be a JVS or other connection on it.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
Try Jamma + or Arcade Otaku for more info, if you dont get an answer here. Alot of early arcade board werent jamma so i presume it's an old one :-J.
Now the pics loaded it dont look too old, might be a JVS or other connection on it.

The boards dont look old at all which threw me a bit. Heh I may have a decent amount of MVS Stuff and an atomiswave but a random board im a bit out of water lol

jon713

Camel Slug
I recently bought an arcade board for cheap because the seller claimed he didn't know what it was. I figured for £10 I wouldn't go too wrong really.

Now the board arrived today and I was planning to just plug it into my supergun to see what it was but this thing does not appear to be jamma so that plan went out the window. I now have a board that I cant test (until I find out its pinout anyway) and have no idea what it is!

So can anyone tell me what it is? Or at least what the pinout would be so i can cobble together an adaptor or something for it...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh also random I know but does anyone know what Sports Shooting USA on the Atomiswave is worth in the UK?

It looks like a Konami pin out, but I am no expert, looks similar to this.
http://www.brasington.org/arcade/products/hs/frogger/boards.shtml

Your best bet is finding out at KLOV

might be frogger :glee:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Looks like Time Pilot or something similar from the early 80s Konami boards. You can get a Jamma adapter for that if that's what it turns out to be.

Here's a pic of Time Pilot from 1982:

timeplt.png

edit: oops someone beat me to it.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
Looks like Time Pilot or something similar from the early 80s Konami boards. You can get a Jamma adapter for that if that's what it turns out to be.

timeplt.png

o_O your are good!
That pic looks literally identical to what I have. anyway to test out what it could be? I will happily get an adaptor from somewhere but if it magically turns out to something different could it fry the board?

cannonball

15 Year Member
o_O your are good!
That pic looks literally identical to what I have. anyway to test out what it could be? I will happily get an adaptor from somewhere but if it magically turns out to something different could it fry the board?

Here's the type of adapter that you would need to test on a jamma rig:

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/konami-to-jamma-adapter/prod_207.html

On that page shows which boards work with the adapter. If it turns out to not be Time Pilot, it is most likely one of those games listed, and shouldn't cause any damage to the board.

Let us know what you end up with!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
This is why people in this hobby should have an eprom reader at least. You can pull an eprom off the board and use romident and it will tell you what game it is (assuming it's been dumped).

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
This is why people in this hobby should have an eprom reader at least. You can pull an eprom off the board and use romident and it will tell you what game it is (assuming it's been dumped).

Any recommendations for an eprom reader then? I have only been into this hobby for a few months and am always willing to learn :D

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Any recommendations for an eprom reader then? I have only been into this hobby for a few months and am always willing to learn :D

As a hobbyist all you really need is a Willem. If you want to spend some scratch there are better ones. I just use Willems and they program and read almost everything i need them to.

Dion

Yep. Buy a 16-bit dip 40 and Dip 42 adapter also. That will take care of CPS2, naomi, and Neo chips as well.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I don't understand how you could say that board doesn't look old..

Personally I have heard that the Willem programmers are cheap unreliable shit. If thats not the case perhaps I should buy one instead of shelling out $200 odd for a Wellon.

Dion

Like I said for a hobbyist its all you need. If you burn a lot of chips get something else. I've used Willems for 10 years almost. The first one was very slow and didn't like some chip manufacturers but the most recent one is very fast and much more reliable. They have improved it a lot. Its great for a beginner, especially for the price.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I'm guessing that its 'Yie Ar Kung Fu'.

Let us know when you find out, the suspense is killing me! :)

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
Yep. Buy a 16-bit dip 40 and Dip 42 adapter also. That will take care of CPS2, naomi, and Neo chips as well.

Where can i find the adaptors? I can find that universal board in a few places but I can't seem to find the adaptors.
My google-fu is being rather shit...

If its worth getting something slightly better should I? (not talking 100's here because i'm a bit broke but yea...)

I have a KONAMI to JAMMA Adapter on the way.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict

timeplt.png

Ding ding ding! We have a winner! of sorts anyway...
I received my konami adaptor today and I have Space Pilot which is seemingly a bootleg of time pilot according to the game database http://www.gamesdbase.com/game.aspx?mame=spaceplt

No idea if its worth the £10 I paid but its good fun :D

cannonball

15 Year Member