What is a good price range for a MVS2 upright?

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I'm looking for a good price on an MVS2 or MVS1, but maybe my idea of a good price is not necessarily realistic.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
whats up, see your in texas too_On craigslist I see alot of 1 slots go for $400 to $600. Havent seen too many 2 slots recently but ive seen them range from $500 to $1000. Im not paying those prices. I keep my eyes open for good deals but hardly ever see any in houston. If you dont mind traveling I always see good deals in dallas. Especially on cabs that can be converted.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I've been checking the coin-op dealers in Houston and have not been able to find any good prices. People are asking way too much for many of the cabinets out there... not just MVS but it's all across the board. I'm thinking about going ahead and paying a premium and then will try to offload my AES stuff.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Houston prices are high, keep your eyes on Austin and Dallas craigslist posting. I see acouple gems pop up here and there. Just make sure you add words in your search. Arcade, arcade game, arcade machine, etc I've seen one or 2 good deals that wouldn't come up with other search words.
When I have time I plan on checking corner stores and washaterias for cabs. There is always a random cab with a bad screen or one tucked away in the corner that has sat for a long time. Can't hurt to ask if I can take it off their hands for cheap. Might get lucky and have a game inside that I can sell to recoupe my money.

Last edited:

urmyokazu

New Challenger
I bought my 2 slot big red from an Op here in Austin off Craigslist for $300. He had a few more cabs he was wanting to unload but they were in rougher conditions. I think he's sold them all by now but you should be able to score a nice cab if you're patient and keep your eyes opened.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
I paid $500 for my 4 slot Big Red i am picking up in a couple weeks. And i bought 2 single slots (One original woody neo, one a trogg conversion) for $300 each, both single slot. All 3 had all new caps recently installed on the tubes.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, I've been wanting a cab bad, but I'm too poor to jump on something higher than I want to pay. I've been thinking about going supergun lately, but I would prefer cab. Plus if I go supergun I will only do it if I'm able to score a Sony pvm, I want to do RGB. Anyother way I might as well wait on a good cab. Pvm prices are high in Houston when they happen to pop up.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Houston prices are high, keep your eyes on Austin and Dallas craigslist posting. I see acouple gems pop up here and there. Just make sure you add words in your search. Arcade, arcade game, arcade machine, etc I've seen one or 2 good deals that wouldn't come up with other search words.
When I have time I plan on checking corner stores and washaterias for cabs. There is always a random cab with a bad screen or one tucked away in the corner that has sat for a long time. Can't hurt to ask if I can take it off their hands for cheap. Might get lucky and have a game inside that I can sell to recoupe my money.
Oh yeah... if it doesn't have a rental sticker on it I'm always offering to buy cabs from business owners... though no one has ever taken.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I got a 2 slot cab last fall for 345 cash with a recently shopped monitor. Came with World Heroes and Samsho 2.

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
I think the Arcade Cab market is different from state to state. Maryland is much cheaper that most of the country, if you are willing to do some research and shop around.
I missed my chance to get a 2 slot board that was installed in an Astro City Cab for $400

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Yeah many years ago I had to turn down a 1 or 2 slot (don't remember) for only $100 because I was in a small apartment.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I think the Arcade Cab market is different from state to state. Maryland is much cheaper that most of the country, if you are willing to do some research and shop around.
I missed my chance to get a 2 slot board that was installed in an Astro City Cab for $400
Damn dude, that wouldve been a great frkn deal! how do you sleep at night? j/k

Yeah many years ago I had to turn down a 1 or 2 slot (don't remember) for only $100 because I was in a small apartment.
Damn dude, that was an amazing deal, you couldve atleast bought it and stripped the board from it and sold the cab and gotten your money back!! But i know what you mean about not having space.

Man, if i saw one of these deals i wouldve of jumped on it, even if i had 4 different baby mamas that i was paying child support to.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I just ended up stumbling on my MVS. Was actually looking for a good candidate for MAME so began checking craigslist. Found a Neogeo and remembered them from the old days (wasn't planning on MAMEing it ever) for $400 with four games. Said it was working and I was expecting to have to haggle him down. The day before I was supposed to go down he admits it was fried in an electrical storm and he attempted to fix the power supply, so if I wanted it as-is it was mine for $100.

Funny thing is, he didn't even know how to open the control panel, the monitors R and B were swapped at the connector and the power supply was the only thing toasted but I forgot to grab it and he called me as I was pulling into my place (~1.5 hr away). Bought a new PS and it fired right up, had some monitor work to be done but it is nice now :)

Only issues are a few battle scars on the right edge.

For whatever reason right around the same time Neogeos were popping up all over around me. Shortly after someone had one for $600 with 12 carts stating a bit of water damage on the bottom, etc.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I got my cab with 14 mvs carts for $550 shipped. Funny thing is those carts would probably cost me more than that if I were to buy those titles in the current market.

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
My 4-slot was 300 bucks off craigslist, because the board inside had died and the owner had no idea how to fix it(one of the ram chips was bad and I wasn't able to replace it properly). Xian Xi hooked me up with the replacement board for cheap and after some minor restoration, it plays beautifully.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sometimes a good price needs to be overlooked, especially if cabinets are hard to find in the area. Cabinets here are grossly overpriced compared to the prices I see in the US.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Fully agree, lachlan. When looking at full cabinets, the cost of shipping inflates the price that the locality is just as important as the price.

That is why you see the cabinet prices varying so much between areas (a candy cab in my area will be about 3 times the cost of one in California for example, and even hard to find at that price). However, since shipping a cart or a board is only an additional 10-30$ the price is more standardized. For example, I wouldn't want to pay more than $100 shipped for any single slot board fully working.

A 4 slot should only be able $150 shipped. And those prices are on the high end (for me).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Exactly. There are heaps of cabs interstate. But its like $700+ 2-300 shipping. And its like man.... fuck that.

There are heaps of woody cabs here, but candies are scarce and expensive. Just got to wait for the right cab in your area or bite the bullet hard.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I paid $250 for my first big red, which was in nice shape but not perfect. My second which was a 2 slot I traded for, and got ripped off big time (Traded a real nice restored Alien Syndrome) probably worth $700 - $1000. I ended up selling it to a local forum member here for $350, but he complained about it after he got it home so I refunded another $50; even though I told him not to buy it if he wasn't sure :hammer:. I paid $400 for my current which was HUO with 58 plays, it was a lucky score off of craigslist.

The average price should be $300-$500 for any 4 slot or 2 slot in my opinion. I sold my first big red to forum member 8man; then I bought that second one out of sheer desperation because it had been over a year of nothing popping up locally on CL and ebay. Be patient, get the right one for you, they are out there but you may have to wait and be lucky.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Ha ha, middle pic looks like you have a double dong hanging down!

I paid $250 for my first big red, which was in nice shape but not perfect. My second which was a 2 slot I traded for, and got ripped off big time (Traded a real nice restored Alien Syndrome) probably worth $700 - $1000. I ended up selling it to a local forum member here for $350, but he complained about it after he got it home so I refunded another $50; even though I told him not to buy it if he wasn't sure :hammer:. I paid $400 for my current which was HUO with 58 plays, it was a lucky score off of craigslist.

The average price should be $300-$500 for any 4 slot or 2 slot in my opinion. I sold my first big red to forum member 8man; then I bought that second one out of sheer desperation because it had been over a year of nothing popping up locally on CL and ebay. Be patient, get the right one for you, they are out there but you may have to wait and be lucky.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Ash, for $400 your current Neogeo was a steal :) That thing is in beautiful shape and I would drop that to have it even with my current four slot :) I am not sure I would buy a two slot, because it just doesn't have the selection of the 4 slot. I would, however, pick up a neo mini if the price was right. They are so darn cute :D and easy to move.