What NEO-GEO / ATOMISWAVE games were released on XBOX / PS2?

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
Hey ya guys just wanting to know what games on neo geo and atomiswave were ported across to xbox / PS2 / Dreamcast? Also can you tell me how good they are? and how do they compare with the neo geo / atomiswave versions?

Maybe a list of these games would be a good idea as the reviews section on this site is quite bare in this regard.

So list and rate please.

Thanks.

I will keep the list below updated though i havent played them so can't rate. Maybe you guys can rate them all.

PS2
Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princess
Hokuto no Ken
Rumble Fish
Fist of the North Star
ADK Tamashii
Art of Fighting Anthology
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1
Fatal Fury|Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2
Fuuun Super Combo
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
The King of Fighters '94: Re-Bout
The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
The King of Fighters 2000
The King of Fighters 2001
The King of Fighters 2002
The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
The King of Fighters 2003
The King of Fighters XI
The King of Fighters Orochi Collection
The King of Fighters NESTS Collection
The King of Fighters NeoWave
KOF: Maximum Impact
KOF: Maximum Impact MANIAX
KOF: Maximum Impact 2
KOF: Maximum Impact Regulation-A
The Last Blade 1&2
Metal Slug Anthology
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
Metal Slug 6
Metal Slug 3D
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
Samurai Shodown V
Samurai Shodown VI
Samurai Shodown Anthology
SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1
SNK Slot Panic Vol. 1'
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
Sunsoft Collection
Twinkle Star Sprites
World Heroes Anthology

XBOX
KoF 02
KoF: Maximum Impact Maniax
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
Samurai Shodown V
SVC Chaos
KoF 03
Metal Slug 4
KoF Neowave
Guilty Gear X: Reload

DREAMCAST
Kof: Dream Match '99 (a revamped version of KoF '98)
KoF: Evolution (basically KoF 99)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 1 & 2
Twinkle Star Sprites
Cool Cool Toon
KoF 2000
KoF 2001
KoF 2002
Anymore that have been missed from the list?

Last edited:

stevan5150

Mr. Big's Thug
Do you mean metal slug 6 on the Anniversary collection? cause metal slug 4 was MVS

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Do you mean metal slug 6 on the Anniversary collection? cause metal slug 4 was MVS

:oh_no:

Anyway, here's off the top of my head (US releases only):

Dreamcast
Garou/Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 2

PS2
KoF 00/01
KoF 02/03
KoF XI
KoF: Maximum Impact
KoF 2006 (Maximum Impact 2)
KoF 98 UM
Metal Slug 4/5
Metal Slug Anthology
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum
World Heroes Anthology
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 2
KoF: Orochi Saga

Xbox
KoF 02/03
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4/5
Samurai Shodown V
SVC Chaos

There are probably some I missed...I'd compare them, but I don't have proper arcade experience on a lot of those. I know that a lot of the games on the various PS2 anthologies have problems.

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
:oh_no:

Anyway, here's off the top of my head (US releases only):

Dreamcast
Garou/Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Last Blade 2

PS2
KoF 00/01
KoF 02/03
KoF XI
KoF: Maximum Impact
KoF 2006 (Maximum Impact 2)
KoF 98 UM
Metal Slug 4/5
Metal Slug Anthology
Neo Geo Battle Colosseum
World Heroes Anthology
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 1
Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 2
KoF: Orochi Saga

Xbox
KoF 02/03
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 4/5
Samurai Shodown V
SVC Chaos

There are probably some I missed...I'd compare them, but I don't have proper arcade experience on a lot of those. I know that a lot of the games on the various PS2 anthologies have problems.

Would be great if someone who has played them can rate them and compare to the original neo geo / atomiswave versions.

chewurface

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
PS2 also has MS3 and MS6 ports.

DC got KoF up to 2002, iirc (Japan only).

[edit]
Now that I think about it, PS2 also got SvC Chaos, Garou: MotW, Last Blade Collection, SSVI, and some ports of the older KoF games and stuff like NeoWave. PS2 also got TSS La Petite Princess...which may count since it has a ROM of TSS on it.

The DC also received a port of TSS.

I'm sure there are many more

Last edited:

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
SS5 also got a PS2 port, but it only came out in Japan and Europe.

As for the Atomiswave, KOF Neowave came out on PS2 and Xbox... Hokuto no Ken came to PS2... The Rumble Fish to PS2...

Chainclaw

Geese's Thug
I've played the Atomiswave Fist of the North Star game on the PS2, and it ran pretty well. Pretty awesome game.

gameaholic

DO NOT DEAL WITH ME! I STILL OWE STUFF TO MEMBERS!
Let me help

I have an Atomiswave system and most of the ports to PS 2 and Xbox suffer from jagged graphics. I own most of them for the PS 2 and I just can't stand to play them on the system. If your using a bigger lcd tv that is the worst because the picture has to be stretched and smearing even more graphics.

The games play pretty well after you get past the graphics portion of the issue. The Atomiswave is just better at displaying high res graphics of it's own games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The single game/disc port releases are pretty damn good for PS2, I personally like the JP ports 'cause they have for the most part progressive scan and they look fantastic on an SD or HD display, so no complaints there. The XBOX ports are pretty good, but unfortunately they always have one or another sort of filter that alters the graphics tremendously, ie SvC Chaos for the XBOX has the same sprites for the characters but if you look closely all the edges of the sprite were "rounded" in a higher resolution, they do not look bad per say but it does look different, so is just a matter of prefference.

The collections and multigame discs were a hit or miss, they are decent but the single disc ports are better and very close to the actual Neo games. The AW ports are for the most part pretty good except for Rumble Fish 'cause is missing the zooming action completely although the gameplay remains intact.

I hear that the wii ports of the SNK collections are suppossed to be great.

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
well i just picked up KoF Neowave, KoF Maximum Impact 2, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum and Guilty Gear x Reload, all on PS2 cheap. Though im playing them through my 60GB UK PS3.

RXBANDIT

Zero's Secretary
OK i am enjoying Maximum Impact 2 on PS2 more than i thought i would, wasnt sure bout the change to 3d but its a fun playable experience.

Just a quick question about KoF Neowave on PS2, the character sprites to me do not look very good, infact they look a bit grainy. Is this just the PS2 port or was the original Atomiswave version the same? Or is it because i am playing a PS2 game through my PS3 on a 42" High Definition LCD TV?

I have never seen an Atomiswave in action so cant compare to the original versions.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Amazing what a couple of Gamecubes strapped together can do, eh?

Oh I would LOVE it if the Wii had dual-disc slots.

Sadly, it's more like a Panasonic Q and a Gamecube with a broken disc drive strapped together.

lordnikon

Another Striker
The XBOX ports are pretty good, but unfortunately they always have one or another sort of filter that alters the graphics tremendously, ie SvC Chaos for the XBOX has the same sprites for the characters but if you look closely all the edges of the sprite were "rounded" in a higher resolution, they do not look bad per say but it does look different, so is just a matter of prefference.
Nice! Someone else who has personally noticed this. I have come across the same exact findings. The Xbox version of SVC Chaos is blurry. The PS2 version is pixel perfect. While there is some of the screen flicker with the PS2 version that very crisp PS2 games are notorious for having, at least its pixel perfect. I don't like the smeered blurring on the Xbox version at all. Eventually someday I will aquire the AES cart. However for now the PS2 import is my primary for SVC.

If anyone wants to test this as well, you can even use the demo version of SVC from one of the OXM discs. Which is what I did. Pause the game on the same stage, and then switch back and forth between images using a switch box. I still need to take some screen captures to show this via direct image comparisons, but the difference in graphics is indeed there.