What Tv to play Neo

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Sony Trinitron/Wega's are the best damn TV's ever made
You're obviously not talking about from a design perspective. :)

They certainly do have a very nice picture, but nothing I've not seen other brands match. Panasonic are another great set (and far better to work on).

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Ok, thats what I thought. those Sony XBR's do a lot of stuff but I didn't figure RGB was one of them.

My PVM just arrived today, I was going to feel kinda stupid if my normal TV did RGB

In the world today they call Component, RGB. It's just dumb. If there was a separate input for sync then I would believe it.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
Thinking about picking up this tv:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KD36FS170-36-Inch-Trinitron-Television/dp/B000EOWRJ4

What do you guys think? I have an old 36 inch Sony Wega that is starting to have some problems. Found one of these cheap where I live and was just manufactured in 2007. It has a digital tuner and says it does present HD channels but is does not have an HDMI outlet (so its not true HD). Would this work well with my Neo and other classic systems or should I look for something else.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
that would probably work great for a Neo.

As for no HDMI, that doesn't mean its not HD, it just means it doesn't have HDMI.

Sony Hi-Scan TVs have a resolution of 853x1080i so its definately HD, just old enough to not have HDMI. I have a 34XBR910 thats the highest definition screen Sony ever made in a CRT and it doesn't have HDMI, its more about Age than abilities. You can hook up a HD source through component instead.

HDTVs do have some scaling built in to enlarge the image of old consoles to HD size and it makes them look a bit compressed with some slight artifacts, but all in all they look great. My CMVS looks sweet on my Sony. I find it's worth the trade off for having the ability to go HD if I want to.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
Just bought it for $200. She was asking 3 hundred. Offered her $200 and she took it. Not bad and it was only manufactured in March, 2007.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I got lucky,got my hands on a daewoo television(only one i could find here that my cmvs works on)
The picture is amazing and one of my friends told me they used sony tubes for this tv.
The greatest thing about it is that it supports everything,pal,ntsc both us and jap,secam and a whole list more that i never heard of.
Indeed the best choice would be Sony or Panasonic.

Finch

Hardened Shock Trooper
10 Year Member
Wow, nice find. Normally you have to get some sort of professional broadcast monitor for it to support PAL and NTSC and SECAM. Does it have any kind of extra cool connections on the back?

I got lucky,got my hands on a daewoo television(only one i could find here that my cmvs works on)
The picture is amazing and one of my friends told me they used sony tubes for this tv.
The greatest thing about it is that it supports everything,pal,ntsc both us and jap,secam and a whole list more that i never heard of.
Indeed the best choice would be Sony or Panasonic.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Nothing special i think,it has two scart-in and coaxial on the back.On the front there is a red/white/yellow connection.Here is a pic of the back that says what it supports:

DSC00635.jpg

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Wow, nice find. Normally you have to get some sort of professional broadcast monitor for it to support PAL and NTSC and SECAM.
Lol.. Or a TV from somewhere that isn't North America. Suckers.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Lol.. Or a TV from somewhere that isn't North America. Suckers.

I can guarantee you it is not that easy to find a tv that supports that out here.
I had to try about 8 or 9 different tv's on wich it didn't work.
And it does work on this one,smartass:rolleyes:

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
Im playing Sony Bravia 32 LCD. Still havent made any video mod to my AES so I have vertical lines when I play my AES:crying: Is there any cheap video conversion box that would fix the problem?

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
Im playing Sony Bravia 32 LCD. Still havent made any video mod to my AES so I have vertical lines when I play my AES:crying: Is there any cheap video conversion box that would fix the problem?

Running the signal through some VCRs will make the Neo display fine on TVs it normally doesn't display right on.

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
Running the signal through some VCRs will make the Neo display fine on TVs it normally doesn't display right on.

Too bad I dont own VCR anymore so I could try. I tried thrpugh digibox but it didnt work

Last edited: