what's with all these back-ups?

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
hey people. just a question: why do so many people have back-up systems? i mean, to the best of my knowledge, the Neo Geo AES is quite versatile, isn't it? I haven't heard ANYTHING about AES systems breaking down, so i don't know what people are worried about. The only ones i've seen were on ebay and on shawn's store. could someone clear this up for me?

thanks.
-=NeoGML=-

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by NeoGML:
hey people. just a question: why do so many people have back-up systems? i mean, to the best of my knowledge, the Neo Geo AES is quite versatile, isn't it? I haven't heard ANYTHING about AES systems breaking down, so i don't know what people are worried about. The only ones i've seen were on ebay and on shawn's store. could someone clear this up for me?

thanks.
-=NeoGML=-

Its really quite simple. When you invest hundreds to thousands of dollars in home carts, you don't want to rely on one single cart system forever more. If something were to happen to your one and only system, you'd be screwed, would need to go out and find another system to replace it. Rather than face that situation, its better to have a backup system available, just in case. Just as, in a business, you have at least backups of your critical servers (and data on workstations, hopefully), in the Neo Geo world, it is prudent to have alternatives in case your main system goes down. Although cart systems are generally very sturdy and well made, it could happen.

Better safe than sorry.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Yep happened to me 2 times now i dont have a cart systems and whit PS2 nooooo!!!!!!!!

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

[This message has been edited by PrOzErG (edited February 18, 2001).]

PrOzErG

Well the thing is my 2 Neo-Geo systems broke down so now i have to play whit my PS2 and the games just plain sucks and i dont have money to buy a new Neo-Geo

------------------

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
You could always just sell the PoS2 to get funds for another Neo. How many Neo games do you already have?

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

PrOzErG

Well right now i have 50 yeah and i tink i will just sell the PS2 to my uncle

------------------

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
I have a backup system. I keep it at my girlfriends place for weekend gaming.

Carlson

PrOzErG

I have a DVD player already and the PS2 DVD functions sucks dont buy a PS2 to listen to DVD's your gona be disapointed

------------------
kofKrizalid2Animated9.gif

"Vengance cuts both ways"