Where can I get a cap kit?

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
the real bob roberts,that's if you are after a monitor cap kit
http://www.therealbobroberts.net/

Thanks for the ultra quick reply. I might of put the horse in front of the cart on this one. I had spike spiegel over and he saw my MVS moniter and there was a little color variance on the bottom of the screen he said there is something that can "readjust the picture" is the cap kit it? If not what do I need. Sorry for the noob question I just got into the arcade cabinet craze.:make_fac:

grantspain

Crazed MVS Addict
maybe you just have a degauss problem-any speakers near the colour problem

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Thanks for the ultra quick reply. I might of put the horse in front of the cart on this one. I had spike spiegel over and he saw my MVS moniter and there was a little color variance on the bottom of the screen he said there is something that can "readjust the picture" is the cap kit it? If not what do I need. Sorry for the noob question I just got into the arcade cabinet craze.:make_fac:

I was talking about a degausser coil for that monitor. A cap kit wouldn"t fix it. Easiest monitor fix in the world! :)

shess

I don't read too much into what happens on the for
Unless someone physically removed the coil, it should already be on the monitor. Look for a thick cable (1/4" diameter or so) running around the edge of the monitor tube. It should have two wires coming off of it that attach to the chassis. The color should look like someone stuck a magnet to the screen if you need to degauss it. Keep in mind that the degauss coil will activate every time the monitor is powered up, so if there are no magnets near the monitor and the color still looks screwy, it is not likely a magnetic problem. Other possible issues that I've run into: yoke is not centered on the tube neck properly, misaligned red/green/blue potentiometers on the neck board (fiddle with them to see if it helps), convergence rings aren't aligned properly (easily seen with text, the colors won't all line up), and the worst..bad tube. I've had all of these happen before. Post a picture of what you're seeing and a picture of the backside of the monitor to aid in helping.

Scott

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I disagree.

The degaussing coil on the monitor itself isn't particularly strong. Sometimes you need a big external coil to get the degaussing done right.

But, I do agree - a pic is needed to see if degaussing really is the solution to the problem.

RJ

shess

I don't read too much into what happens on the for
I would think that since the monitors are designed to work horizontally or vertically, the coil should be able to clear that magnetic distortion. But if a really large magnet got near the screen, then yes, a better degauss coil would likely do the trick. No sense in arguing further until we see some pics :).

Scott

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've seen it. It's a magnetization issue for sure. Not huge, but noticeable. If I ever come back to your place, I'll bring my big round shaped degausser that I stole from work a few years ago and do it.

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Monitors can also have small little magnetic strips attached to the tube that are used to help converge the picture near the edges of the tube. Just food for thought if a degauss doen't clear it up.

lidiaandmichael

Crazed MVS Addict
I've seen it. It's a magnetization issue for sure. Not huge, but noticeable. If I ever come back to your place, I'll bring my big round shaped degausser that I stole from work a few years ago and do it.

I am going to your place next! Hopefully springtime for some Arcade overload!