Where do you buy your Gundam Models?

Sundance

Sho's Rival
I generally buy straight from HobblyLink Japan (hlj.com) if i can't get them at a local hobby or anime store. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay. I'm looking for Master Grade and Perfect Grades primarily. I just picked up the Crossbone Gundam Prototype but most of the new ones i want seem to have sold out fairly quickly everywhere. Any good websites or recommendations would be appreciated..thanx.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
I'm picking up the following later on this month at Comic-Con:

MG 1/100 Crossbone Gundam
MG 1/100 Strike Noir Gundam
MG 1/100 Gundam F91
1/100 Akatsuki

I generally buy mines in bulk at conventions (Comic-Con and Anime Expo) due to the cheap convention prices.

Places I buy Gundam Models besides HLJ:
Japanese Toy Warehouse
Rising Sun Creations

Sundance

Sho's Rival
El_Duque said:
I'm picking up the following later on this month at Comic-Con:

MG 1/100 Crossbone Gundam
MG 1/100 Strike Noir Gundam
MG 1/100 Gundam F91
1/100 Akatsuki

I generally buy mines in bulk at conventions (Comic-Con and Anime Expo) due to the cheap convention prices.

Places I buy Gundam Models besides HLJ:
Japanese Toy Warehouse
Rising Sun Creations

I'd forgotten the local Anime Con (NDK) here in Colorado. I too, save up a bit just for good deals from Anime Palace and others.

If you get a Crossbone Gundam there, look for the Full Cloth version. Its def better then the plain one. I also want to pick up the Strike Noir as well as the Hi-Nu Gundam and Gundam NT-1 Alex. I still haven't finished my MSG 0011 EX-S though :(

Thanx for the websites.

Last edited:

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Sundance said:
I'd forgotten the local Anime Con (NDK) here in Colorado. I too, save up a bit just for good deals from Anime Palace and others.

If you get a Crossbone Gundam there, look for the Full Cloth version. Its def better then the plain one. I also want to pick up the Strike Noir as well as the Hi-Nu Gundam and Gundam NT-1 Alex. I still haven't finished my MSG 0011 EX-S though :(

Thanx for the websites.

That's what I actually meant, the Full Cloth version. I don't know what's up with Japanese Toy Warehouse, but I always buy Gundam models from them come convention time and Rising Sun is a local store but I don't buy stuff from them that much since I'm patient enough to wait twice a year to do my Gundam model shopping.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I would honestly avoid cons when buying models. Con vendors tend to overprice their merchandise.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Sundance said:

Anime Palace is good people, I'm friends with the owner and people who run the booth.
However I have to say you're better off going to their stores(one in CA and the other here in OH) or website. Since they know the stuff they sell at cons can go for up to 20% more than normal. None the less they usualy have a pretty good stock of MG kits.

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
OrochiEddie said:
I would honestly avoid cons when buying models. Con vendors tend to overprice their merchandise.

At Japanese Toy Warehouse, it's buy one, get one free. I saw them selling the MG Strike Noir for $60, but I could also have got the MG Gundam F91 for free. I didn't get it because we had no more room in the back to fit any more Gundam models because of my Soundwave costume.

There was another booth that sold Gundam Models at AX 2006 that was 25% and they had certain models that JTW didn't have, but I forgot the name.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
El_Duque said:
At Japanese Toy Warehouse, it's buy one, get one free. I saw them selling the MG Strike Noir for $60, but I could also have got the MG Gundam F91 for free. I didn't get it because we had no more room in the back to fit any more Gundam models because of my Soundwave costume.

There was another booth that sold Gundam Models at AX 2006 that was 25% and they had certain models that JTW didn't have, but I forgot the name.

Yea, sometimes when vendors can't get rid of shit they will cut the price mad, but many models still sell for more than necessary. Getting honest prices on imported product is just an ass pain anyway

Metalslug

Cham Cham's Banana,
20 Year Member
I have a MG Rx-78 from MS 08th team. It's still unopened. Got it from amazon a while back. How are mastergrade kits? How big is 1/100 scale? Any sites you recommend about building these things?

Paik4Life

Armored Scrum Object
Man, I think you guys are really overpaying for Gundam models...

The place I used to order was a Korean site though so maybe that's why:

http://www.gundamshop.co.kr/

They are selling the MG Full Cloth Crossbone for 31500 won which is about $34 compared to $49.99 from Rising Sun. Hi Nu Gundam is only 49000won which is about $53 compared to $79.99 from Rising Sun. Shipping isn't outrageous so you end up saving, especially when you buy more than one.

There was another place that had even better prices (albeit the website only listed available models and prices, no pictures) but I will have to ask my cousin what the site was because I forgot.

~Paik

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
Metalslug said:
I have a MG Rx-78 from MS 08th team. It's still unopened. Got it from amazon a while back. How are mastergrade kits? How big is 1/100 scale? Any sites you recommend about building these things?

Instructions my friend, instructions. :)

aria

Former Moderator
From the trunk of this guy on 77nd Street and MLK. I don't ask questions, and he gives me a deal. I still don't know why he carries a pistol, but you can't beat his prices --he even threw in a bag of flour once, but it didn't seem to work when I tried baking with it. Gundam rocks!