Where to find project box for a custom arcade stick?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You could try slapping one of these onto an existing stick: http://thegamesurgeons.com/Panel Replacements2.html The hitbox layout is available for a lot of sticks.

Keep in mind when making a hitbox you will probably have to handle SOCD (simultaneous opposing cardinal directions), many games don't handle up+down or left+right in a sensible way, the exception to this being if you're using a Cthulhu PCB and not any other PCB with your hitbox, as the Cthulhu has a built-in filter.

You can use two 7400 logic chips to do it or assemble a SOCD filter from godlikecontrols.com

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Weird. I made this 4 years ago to play buriki one on the Hyper 64.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Thanks for the heads up. I totally forgot I made this thread.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
This is only tangentially-related, but I always wanted to make a Saturn/Dreamcast/PS2-compatible homebrew twinstick setup for Virtual On. Has anyone figured out a logic diagram (with 7400s or something, although a microcontroller may be simpler in this case...) where you have two sticks, two trigger buttons (weapons) :A::C: and two thumb buttons (dash) :B::D:

:up::up: move forward
:down::down: move back
:forw::forw: move right
:back::back: move left
:up::down: rotate right
:down::up: rotate left
:back::forw: jump
:forw::back: block
:A: weapon "A"
:C: weapon "B"
:A: + :C: weapon "C"
:B: or :D: + :up::up: or :down::down: or :forw::forw: or :back::back: dash
ect...

I can probably figure it out on my own, but I hate duplication of labor. I just want to know if anyone has done it.