Who can say they've NEVER emulated?

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
I for one have NEVER done it. Although I do admit it's tempting. I see these XBOXs and Arcade cabs with thousands upon thousands of games in them, and I'm thinking of doing it. I'm sure we have members here who have these. Anyway who can say they have NEVER emulated in their lives.

TattooCow

Crazed MVS Addict
Errr... Me?

My xbox is unmodded and my PC is too crappy to play games.....

But then again, I have the intention to mod my xbox...

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
LIVINGWONDER said:
I for one have NEVER done it. Although I do admit it's tempting. I see these XBOXs and Arcade cabs with thousands upon thousands of games in them, and I'm thinking of doing it. I'm sure we have members here who have these. Anyway who can say they have NEVER emulated in their lives.

Never,I don't believe in it.If there is a game that interests me I will just borrow it from a m8 who runs a games stall.

I have several hundred original games spread out amongst the consoles that I own and I am pretty discerning in my choice of games anyway.When it comes to new games they are usually in one of 2 camps mainstream shite that is lauded about by Joe Average-Nobrainer who gets off playing crap like GTA:VC and Matrix and Buffy games,and then there are the more interesting games that usually get ignored by the aforementioned people as being too obscure or japanese-ey.They are the kind of oddball stuff I like so I can usually grab them cheaply.

Emulation is for people who have no regard for the craft of making a game,all they want to do is have as many GB's of games as they can to brag to their emu playing joyboy m8's.

Gorka

Borca,
20 Year Member
Not me. I owe my videogame revival to emulation, and have spent a shitload of money since then. Im just now starting to wonder if i didn't have more fun emulating than collecting? :rolleyes:

I won't sell anything though, but maybe i wont be buying anything new anymore.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I heard that if you do emulation you get emulation madness and kill nuns.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Never sold a game...

Never traded a game...

Never bootleged a game...

Total number of teh_ROMz = 0

The only emulated games that I have are the legit shit like the Sega Smash Packs for the PC and assorted origin/anthology/museum/collections for the consoles. If you are a dirty bootlegger or filthy ROM pirate, I do think of you as something less than human. Sorta like a monkey that has high enough intelligence needed to type on a keyboard or use a console controller, but has low enough intelligence to find it's own excriment a source of hours of entertainment.

buster_broon

The Rock,
i'm afraid i have loads of teh roms and i have been know to beg for them

still dont have rad mobile :crying: :crying:

got a bunch of roms on my pc and on my xbox

even have them on my ps2 and dreamcast

am i a roms whore???????????

Jedite

Bunker Buster
Used to have them, before I got into NG. Don't have them no more, tho. I just don't get into the game as much from running an emulator, versus while playing the game on my 29 inch TV.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
I only have a couple of Boot CDs, for Games that are Sealed, and I didn't want to open them up. (TR4, GG2K and FPD for the DC)