Who loves pinball? (moved)

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Based off the pics I've seen TWD is looking good. Hopefully they make a premium.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
In as much as Aurcade is on point for the US, I have to think there's tons of Club Segas or Taito Stations or whatever that have more games in Japan.

A friend is going out to Galloping Ghost in a few weeks, I hope I can make it out sometime. I was in Vegas recently but didn't get a chance to stop in at PHoF. Been to Funspot and PinWiz, so those are the last two I'd really like to see. We're pretty spoiled in the New England area with multiple operating arcades, particularly for classics.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
In as much as Aurcade is on point for the US, I have to think there's tons of Club Segas or Taito Stations or whatever that have more games in Japan.

A friend is going out to Galloping Ghost in a few weeks, I hope I can make it out sometime. I was in Vegas recently but didn't get a chance to stop in at PHoF. Been to Funspot and PinWiz, so those are the last two I'd really like to see. We're pretty spoiled in the New England area with multiple operating arcades, particularly for classics.

The problem is most of the Taito Stations have many NESiCAxLive cabs. So does it count as one machine or the 50+ titles available on it lol?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
The problem is most of the Taito Stations have many NESiCAxLive cabs. So does it count as one machine or the 50+ titles available on it lol?

I think they still win pretty easily even without that consideration. Taito Station Shinjuku has 5 floors.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
If you're talking about Taito HEY! I follow them on Twitter. I wasn't sure if it was a single arcade or a Twitter that's for the chain of Taito Game Stations they have out in Japan. Their amazing to follow. Most of the posts are of toys they have in the claw machines but sometimes they'll break out some CLASSIC Taito games. It's amazing to see the Japanese versions of games I played in the arcade as a kid. They had the Japanese version of Ninjawarriors and I tweeted back to them a photo of the American style cab they have at Hersheypark. They also showed off Operation Wolf and some Dairus.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
If you're talking about Taito HEY! I follow them on Twitter. I wasn't sure if it was a single arcade or a Twitter that's for the chain of Taito Game Stations they have out in Japan. Their amazing to follow. Most of the posts are of toys they have in the claw machines but sometimes they'll break out some CLASSIC Taito games. It's amazing to see the Japanese versions of games I played in the arcade as a kid. They had the Japanese version of Ninjawarriors and I tweeted back to them a photo of the American style cab they have at Hersheypark. They also showed off Operation Wolf and some Dairus.

Taito Hey (Hirose Entertainment Yard) or as many refer to it as Hey Arcade is the single location in Akiba. It is pretty damn unique when compared to a normal Taito Station or Taito Game Centre.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
So they are going to alter the table and backglass because they can't get in touch with Christopher Lloyd or Jimmy Workman? You'd think they would have this sorted before starting a kickstarter. But then again this is Farsight we're talking about.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
So they are going to alter the table and backglass because they can't get in touch with Christopher Lloyd or Jimmy Workman? You'd think they would have this sorted before starting a kickstarter.

They have been negotiating with everyone for 3 years. They have been wanting to do this table since the PS2 era. Christopher Lloyd and Jimmy Workman either have no interest or want stupid money. Anjelica Huston and Raul Julia's estate were likely not an easy task. If you can do better, by all means, these rights were no easy feat.

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
They have been negotiating with everyone for 3 years. They have been wanting to do this table since the PS2 era. Christopher Lloyd and Jimmy Workman either have no interest or want stupid money. Anjelica Huston and Raul Julia's estate were likely not an easy task. If you can do better, by all means, these rights were no easy feat.

I didn't realize they've been negotiating for that long. Maybe people can get a message out to those two and hopefully change their minds before development starts.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
This was one of the first tables they wanted. Pugley won't be missed, but I'm worried about the playfield area since it's HUGE and I'm worried it'll look off. But as long as they get it. One thing that pisses me off is that their holding the Gold edition ROMS behind the 100 dollar and up pledge wall. They haven't said yet if you'll be able to buy the Gold version in game after it's released or not yet.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I didn't realize they've been negotiating for that long. Maybe people can get a message out to those two and hopefully change their minds before development starts.

If anything they should do it for Raul (the actors, on top of pay). I just hope the kickstarter goes well, this has been a long process in general and a high demand.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Addams Family: $69,360 of $97,640 with 21 days left as I post this.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Stern's got the game on display at a trade show in Europe. It sucks the Iron Man and Star Trek are twice as loud as the new game so you can barley make out anything on the new one. One of the voices sounds like the same guy they had doing some of the fill-in lines in Star Trek so I wonder if they're going to get a star of the show to do some custom shot calls for this. Lets just hope it doesn't take a year to put them in like Star Trek.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Got to play these two guys today. It was pretty killer. The Paxton machine was hilarious, it was made by Ben Heck.

DB79FA1C-EF1A-4EDD-B52A-4EA839F5402D_zpscfx3ucap.jpg

07CD25D3-B476-484F-A658-1495AFA49085_zpsmxl4gzzn.jpg

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'd love to play Bill Paxton Pinball wish he made more of them.

The Dutch Pinball team finally showed off their new The Big Lebowski pinball machine. Sadly it wasn't playable, they just showed off the prototype unit with how the mini bowling ally in the middle looks as well as a nice light show. What's funny, is after seeing it, I'm more excited to play it then Walking Dead, which Stern let everybody know WILL NOT HAVE ANY SOUND CLIPS OR VOICES FROM THE ACTORS ON THE SHOW!! Yes, if you liked the redneck guy from Mustang and the main voice from Iron Man doing a southern accent, you're gonna love it.

I guess I'm just spoiled from all of the other movie and TV show games of the 90's where they got actual good sound-alike's and the actual actors to do voices.

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=2285
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/biglebowski/index.html

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Stern is fucking dogshit. It blows my mind that anyone buys their new games sight unseen. It's too bad Jersey Jack has no idea what they're doing either.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Got to play these two guys today. It was pretty killer. The Paxton machine was hilarious, it was made by Ben Heck.

DB79FA1C-EF1A-4EDD-B52A-4EA839F5402D_zpscfx3ucap.jpg

07CD25D3-B476-484F-A658-1495AFA49085_zpsmxl4gzzn.jpg

Looks like somebody payed SS Billiards a visit. Thats only a few miles from my house.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Saturday I will partake in a pin-golf tournament and be able to play the Walking Dead table for the first time.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Stern is fucking dogshit. It blows my mind that anyone buys their new games sight unseen. It's too bad Jersey Jack has no idea what they're doing either.

Honestly, the last table I even liked was Tron Legacy. A lot of crap in between that table IMO, old and new.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Honestly, the last table I even liked was Tron Legacy. A lot of crap in between that table IMO, old and new.

Tron is definitely nice, I can't lie. I know quite a few people who have one. I also didn't mind Star Trek, but probably because I played the LE or whatever is the nice one.

That Lebowski table looks neat. Playfield seems a bit busy but it's hard to judge without seeing in person. Art looks nice and it looks like a great integration of the theme.