Who thinks CvS for GC is gonna suck?

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
I personally think this game isn't going to be much fun. Other than the whacked out control scheme that goes along with the GC controller I really don't like the fact that hitting the c-stick in a direction pulls off a move. Even though it'll make for some interesting combos I think it'll just make the game a cheapass move-fest.

solhound

n00b
i hear they're going to have a special controller for the GC version........at least it will add more fighter fans

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
The port is just like the DC/ps2 versions.There is also a normal mode for the hardcore players who don't give a shit about GC-ism.I have seen a cool looking arcade stick for the GC before.It was posted at the news&rumours board some time ago.

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Devil_Gans ]</p>

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
well.....if you don't have a PS2 or DC you'll like the idea
4 me.... I hate the GC but we should have respect for others who like it

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I think the NGC is one of the worst consoles to put a SNK game on. This game is going to totally suck!!!!!!!!!!

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
The nice thing is that the Gamecube one is going to have the arcade res like the DC one. Plus you guys can always get the PSX to GC controller adapter and buy a nice PSX stick. ;)

K

K9999

The new GC-ism control scheme is lame, guess they are trying to cater to the needs of your average grade school gamer.

If I can find a good arcade stick for my GC, I will be more than happy to pick this game up. I really don't want to picture playing this game on a standard GC controller though, no good will come of that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
GC Ism will breathe new life into 2d fighters.
OLD SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
The new C-Stick capability pushes these games to level of severe button-mashers like Tekken. It's sad. Good thing you can turn the feature off if you'd like to try and demonstrate some skill. Personally I can't see myself playing a fighter of this type on the GC controller...it would just feel...awkward.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Capcom, Capcom......They seem to love Nintendo now, this game is going to suck big time!!!!!!!!!

10 in 2010

Originally posted by K9999:
<strong>The new GC-ism control scheme is lame, guess they are trying to cater to the needs of your average grade school gamer.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hey man, when i was about 10 years old, i had street fighter , mortal kombat 2 and eternal champions on my genesis and i mastered them all. this GCism is a shitty excuse for novices. they should learn to play the game properley, that's where all the satisfaction comes from.

i can see it now, fighty just starts, and the guy using GC-ism just rotates the c-stick 360d. until he wins, oh dear.

slerch666

updyke,
I'm gonna check it out at least. I have an NGC and I skipped C V SNK 2 on the PS2 'cause... well 'cause it's the PS2. I thought about importing the DC version, but can't find it for less than $65. Will I play with the GCism? Likely not. I may go for one of those controller converters and get the Shadowblade stick for it. Then I could get fighters on the PoS2 and the NGC. That's just me though.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by xtoo_short20x:
<strong>Capcom, Capcom......They seem to love Nintendo now, this game is going to suck big time!!!!!!!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its the same as the other versions, just with another mode added. Players using the easy operation mode can't fight against a regular mode using player.