who thinks we should have a dedicated 'Scammers' section?

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I know the constant complaining about some scammers is getting on everyone's nerves, but I hate having to sort through the War room to learn what name Jephie is using now, or what new Ebay seller to avoid.

Who thinks a dedicated channel for people to discuss being scammed, and identifying scammers, would be a good idea?

Honestly, until I got into the neo, I thought a 'bootleg' was a hard to find,live, unreleased, Bob Dylan tape. I love the neo, but we have to admit that this hobby has a cancer.

rimm_rs

Banned
sounds like a good idea... for the suggestions forum.

and also a good idea on the whole.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
With all the bullshit scamming that goes nowadays, that would probably be a good idea. Any noobs that come around could check the forum out and get any info they need before finding out the hard way, like many of us already have.

Freelancer

Banned
I'm all for it. Particularly since that Japhei guy seems to change his name every week. Having an updated scammer list would be beneficial to veteran members and noobs alike.

Skeeter

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sounds like a great idea.

I'm fairly new to the Neo. I've always wanted one, just never could afford to really get into it. When I decided to take the plunge a short time ago the first place I looked was eBay. Then I found this place and discovered the risks involved. I'm not at all saying every Neo auction on eBay is a bad deal, or that every seller on the forums here is on the up and up. I'm just glad I didn't jump in before I was a bit more educated on the scene. It would be a real service to the true Neo fans to have a list of that nature.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
This would be a good idea. The only problem is how do we know that they are telling the truth?

Someone could get back at a member by labeling them a scammer and make everyone else think he is.

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
neo-geo 2 said:
This would be a good idea. The only problem is how do we know that they are telling the truth?

Someone could get back at a member by labeling them a scammer and make everyone else think he is.

that's true, but it's not really on the subject. I'm sure that goes on right now, but right now we have it in 'General Discussion'. I guess it might belong in the war room, but it's hard to argue that anything informative should be in a war room.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
GunstarHero said:
We already have a blacklist at the Neo Store right?

I believe that's only for people who have scammed shawn and/or pulled of HUGE scams.