Who's finished Nam '75?

jonajacket

n00b
Hi guys,

I love this game but I can never finish the bugger.

I can get to the (I assume) last boss, big mech thingy the fires lasers but can never pip him. The fact that you can't continue is a pisser, especially if you reach the boss when you are down to 1 life with credits remaining.

Anybody finished it?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Back in the day I could, haven't tried in awhile.

Tip....When you're down to your last life against him, hit "start" on the 2nd controller. Play from there with a fresh set of lives.

Last edited:

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
it's all a matter of rhythm. Basically the last boss has two means of attack, the cannonballs you can see coming, but there's also that quick laser he fires at the exact spot you're standing in. So basically you want to fire for a little bit, then when you hear the "BYUU" from the laser, hold down C and run to the side a little bit to dodge the laser. Fire a little more, be ready to dodge again. Once the cannonballs have forced you into the corner, use a well timed diagonal roll to get out of it, and then repeat the rhythm of firing and strafing until you reach the other corner. Obviously it'll be a lot easier to beat the boss if you can keep the Balcan gun active from earlier in the level.

It's kinda difficult to practice this if you don't have a memory card or don't want to use emulators, but uhhhhhhh yeah.

jonajacket

n00b
Thanks for the hints guys, I'll try that ASAP.

I've got it for the AES, not into emulators, although my wallet wishes I was :tickled:

One of you has given me a further reminder I need to pick up a second controller!

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
You may want to try lowering the difficulty level. The lower the level, the slower enemy bullets travel making it easier to master dodging. Once you feel you're up to snuff you can start cranking up the difficulty.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Yeah, I beat it -- MVS set on lvl 1 with lives set to 9. Dosen't really count, but I wanted to see the ending. I know I'm bumping an older thread, but I'm bored and stuck at work. Entertainment options are limited.