Woohoo! First arcade! (Go ahead post yours!)

MonoTekETeA

NEST Puppet
Figured why not let everyone show off their pride and joy of a first cabinet!

Heres mine:
Though it isn't a Neo-Geo cab, which I tried about 5 times to achieve from 5 different occasions, all fell through, but I got a great deal on this:

Nintendo VS. dual arcade cab
Castlevania chipset with marquee
Excitebike chipset
Golf chipset
x2 vs. Baseball chipset with marquee
x2 vs. Tennis chipset with marquee

For a grand total of $94.

DSCF0887.jpg

Last edited:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
That rocks!

Congrats on the super cheap find.

M

mblvshj

MonoTekETeA said:
Though it isn't a Neo-Geo cab, which I tried about 5 times to achieve from 5 different occasions, all fell through, but I got a great deal on this:

Nintendo VS. dual arcade cab
Castlevania chipset with marquee
Excitebike chipset
Golf chipset
x2 vs. Baseball chipset with marquee
x2 vs. Tennis chipset with marquee

For a grand total of $94.

:drool_2: i envy you sir, it puts my 100 dollar ehrgeiz cab to shame,where did you find it?

the only place around here that has a vs cab for sale is the movie theater and he wants an arm and a leg for all of his shitty cabs (900 bucks for a mvs 1 slot with bust a move in it, or 2000 bucks for a pac-man cab that look like its gonna fall apart at any time)

BeaglePuss

Mickey's Coach
I've never seen a dual VS cab. It looks awesome! Very nice find. I would love to have scored something like that.

Sundance

Sho's Rival
That's fugn Awesome and more so because of the Price. And Castlevania to boot. Congrats man. You won't stop w/ just one ...trust me. Or in your case, 2..lol.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
That's an awesome find you got there.

MonoTekETeA

NEST Puppet
mblvshj said:
:drool_2: i envy you sir, it puts my 100 dollar ehrgeiz cab to shame,where did you find it?

I found it at a local shop: NLVideoGames.com (He doesn't do arcades, this was a special case)

He has had it since he opened shop and never used it, he bought it off some dude for $150 and was going to work with it. He got caught up in the Play Choice and Neo-Geo he had though and didn't give it any lovin. So he took a hit just to get it out of the store, that and we have, since the opening of his store, become good friends so he also cut me a deal at the same time.

I am very grateful for the machine and plan to get some more chipsets for it. I also want to look into setting it up to also do 4 player mame, I plan to make custom control panels for that though when I do start to do so. For now however, I will enjoy what I have, and ice my back from the move. My poor dad has it worse, helping me out when he has something major going on with his ankle. Anyone else who looks into getting one of these, don't under estimate this thing, it took me, my dad, and 3 friends to get this in my house. Luckly, the the owner previous to Nick (Owner of NLVideogames), screwed some good wheels to a piece of wood, which then in turned nailed it to the base. It makes getting into the back of the system a breeze. Keep ya'll updated!

-Jeremy Speer

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Awesome find and a great price! I'd love to see more pics once you end up doing some 4-player mame work done to it and any other things you'd like to add to the cab.

Personally I'd just leave it as it is though, looks like you found one in pretty nice shape considering how old it is.

Anyway, great grab you got there!

MonoTekETeA

NEST Puppet
Well that is the thing, I don't want to hurt it at all and respect the cab, so none of the origianel items are being trashed. The control panels for instance, I will just make new ones that fit where the current ones are and save those.
I will also try and rewire the tubes to work, but we'll see with that, I would like to, but I don't know if I have the expertise to do that kind of work.
I also hope to get a VS. to Jamma harness going on so I can get a Neo mobo rocking in there and make a control panel for that.
But don't worry, I don't plan to butcher this cab in anyway, because I know they are some of the harder ones to come by.

Keep ya'll updated:
-Jeremy

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
that's awesome! I would love something like that. Cheap good score :)

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
Super dope find! definitely one to restore and not convert, finding one of these in as good condition as you got is very rare indeed.

People are nutty for original NES in my town, so a vs. cab with some classic titles would get non-stop play I'm sure.

and Castlevania! thats damn cool, i've never seen one of those.

neodizzle

n00b
my first cab!

Actually, it's not my first, but it's so rare that I figured I post it.

DSC01019small.jpg

It's called the Taito Canary. I can't find diddly squat on it but it's a cool cab. My neo geo cab is a converted cab and a wooden one.

If anyone else happens to know anything else about the canary, or have ever seen one anywhere else, that would be great to know. Mine is having some monitor problems that I believe may be resulting from some arching somewhere between the high voltage tube and the transformer. Thanks.

BTW, nice Nintendo cab. I saw one on ebay not too long ago..temping.

neodizzle

n00b
califoreigner said:
hey eric, if you ever decide to let her go- you've got my number.

:crying:

I should mention that I got this cab from califoreigner! Thanks!
The pinball machine is cool...it wasn't working when we first got it....some cut wires and loose soldering joints and a lot of oxidized contacts! But now it's about 90% working.

Oh, and I apologize if this is not the right area to post. I just read the thread title and thought I'd jump in since I don't have the ability to start my own threads yet. Still learning more about the forums.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
That Nintendo VS sure brings back memories of the good ol' grade school Chuck E Cheese birthday parties. Great cab!

Berty

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
neodizzle said:

DSC01019small.jpg

It's called the Taito Canary. I can't find diddly squat on it but it's a cool cab. My neo geo cab is a converted cab and a wooden one.

If anyone else happens to know anything else about the canary, or have ever seen one anywhere else, that would be great to know. Mine is having some monitor problems that I believe may be resulting from some arching somewhere between the high voltage tube and the transformer. Thanks.

That Canary cab is very very awesome :mr_t:

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
neodizzle said:

DSC01019small.jpg

Digging the Strikes and Spares pin! I'm not big on pins, but that would be one I'd like to get someday.