Worst hotel you've stayed in

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Not sketchiest area (but I have those stories), but the worst actual room itself I had was in Boston. I can't remember what hotel it was, usually I stayed in Westins or something because work was paying. The rooms were expensive as shit as you could imagine, which whatever, not my money, but IT conventions come with drinking. And drinking comes with hung over showers. Which brings me to why this room in particular was the worst; the shower floor had a water or air bubble trapped under it so large it seriously felt like standing on a waterbed. Thank God I'm a skateboarder because that shit was downright dangerous 😳

I also had a $$$ Westin in Denver where both the hot and cold water in the room were hot as shit. That was still better.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The worst thing about hotels in America are the same, the price. Most are close to $100 a night.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Worst hotel? Hotel Atlantic, Bayswater Road, London. Stayed there with the wife for four nights in 1993. The place looked like a parody of a British parody of a hotel, a bit of Fawlty Towers with some Griswold family in England thrown in for bad measure. Dirt and cobwebs everywhere, the rooms were barely furnished with two shitty beds, a changing room-style locker, worn-down carpets, a yellow-stained sink with separate warm/cold water taps (only cold water, tho), no toilet in the room. One bathroom for all the rooms on one floor in which looked like a museum example of Victorian-era plumbing. A micro biologist would have had a field day with the layers of filth the bathtub was covered with.

The "continental breakfast" consisted of nondescript day-old buns, a small package of butter, a portion of a red-ish gooey substance they called marmalade (tasted just sweet, nothing else) and a cup of coffee or tea, didn't really matter what you got because it tasted all the same.

We had booked the hotel from Germany, the idea was to find a place with reasonable prices and the Atlantic hotel seemed to tick all the boxes, at least the pictures in the flyers looked good. Oh well.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
We had booked the hotel from Germany, the idea was to find a place with reasonable prices and the Atlantic hotel seemed to tick all the boxes, at least the pictures in the flyers looked good. Oh well.
1. A place
2. Reasonable prices
Checks out.