WTB: Akumajou Densetsu for Famicom (Castlevania III)

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Looking for a loose Akumajou Densetsu cart so I can check out the sweet soundtrack on that custom music chip. Thanks!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
OT but do you have a famicom disk system? Lots of disk versions of cart games with awesome enhanced soundtracks.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
OT but do you have a famicom disk system? Lots of disk versions of cart games with awesome enhanced soundtracks.

I don't, but couldn't I just play the FDS images on my Everdrive N8 and get the same enhanced soundtrack? The problem with Akumajou Densetsu is that it has a custom sound chip in it, so it does me no good to play the ROM on my Everdrive.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I don't, but couldn't I just play the FDS images on my Everdrive N8 and get the same enhanced soundtrack? The problem with Akumajou Densetsu is that it has a custom sound chip in it, so it does me no good to play the ROM on my Everdrive.

FDS expansion audio doesn't work that great on the everdrive.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Expanded audio games all blow on the Everdrive. Densetsu sounds really good on the Retropak though.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Get an FDS stick and a ram adapter...the expansion audio is garbage on the ED.