WTB Colecovision AV Mod Service

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Anybody on these boards do this kind of work or know of anyone who does? I'm not a member over at AtariAge and I wanted to check here first.

Thanks.

leonk

Marked Wolf
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lots of action on colecovision recently. A free RGB amp is going to be released shortly by citrus3000psi. From RGB you can go to composite, S-Video, component and even HDMI.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
A guy named Yurkie did mine and it's sweet! However the guy lied for two months that he'd shipped it before he did mail it.

That's his apparent MO for the last few years according to a few people who he modded for.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Do you already have a system. I've got an av modded one that I plan on parting ways with once I find all the games and such I have in storage.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
A guy named Yurkie did mine and it's sweet! However the guy lied for two months that he'd shipped it before he did mail it.

That's his apparent MO for the last few years according to a few people who he modded for.

Yurkie is the guy over at AtariAge. I was possibly considering reaching out to him but I may continue to look elsewhere.

Do you already have a system. I've got an av modded one that I plan on parting ways with once I find all the games and such I have in storage.

Yes, I just got a console and bunch of games plus the steering wheel and roller controller for my birthday from my brother. We had all this stuff from when we were kids but our Dad gave it away at some point. It would be cool to get back into it. I remember the arcade ports being quite fun despite the horrible controller.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0

That's who did the mod on mine. It is solid work. I didn't get it from him directly though. I bought it from someone else whom he did the work for so I can't comment on dealing with him personally, just the quality of the work.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
That's who did the mod on mine. It is solid work. I didn't get it from him directly though. I bought it from someone else whom he did the work for so I can't comment on dealing with him personally, just the quality of the work.

Good to know. I may get in touch with him if my other lead doesn't pan out. I'm not finding a lot of options out there.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Yurkie does amazing work and over the years, he has modded my CV (twice, once for composite and later for RGB), 2600, 7800 controllers, NES, N64 and Dreamcast. However, lately he has been flaky with some people so I would say be careful. Damn shame because he really does good work. He seems to be getting less and less respectful with other peoples' time and money and I have a real problem with that.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Yurkie does amazing work and over the years, he has modded my CV (twice, once for composite and later for RGB), 2600, 7800 controllers, NES, N64 and Dreamcast. However, lately he has been flaky with some people so I would say be careful. Damn shame because he really does good work. He seems to be getting less and less respectful with other peoples' time and money and I have a real problem with that.

Agreed on the amazing work!

I had planned on him modding another CV but changed my mind after dealing with him.

I posted in his feedback thread about the problems I had. Now when someone has an ongoing issue they pm me...fuck. He uses I left it in the wive's vehicle often.