WTB: Doshin the Giant PAL Gamecube

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Just as the title says, hoping someone in the UK might be able to hook me up. Shoot me a PM if you got it, thanks!

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Do you have something to play it on or a converter of some sort(XRGB etc)? I was never able to get this game working on any of my TVs with a default setup, or with any of the available wiring options etc. Seems like a strictly 50hz PAL game that is completely incompatible with NTSC. It will boot-up, but it will be black & white, and likely the picture will be flickering/rolling up constantly.

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I hear if you use an old version of freeloader and just pop it in and not manually select the region, it'll work. And it has to be on the original GameCube with the digital port on the back not the revision.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I hear if you use an old version of freeloader and just pop it in and not manually select the region, it'll work. And it has to be on the original GameCube with the digital port on the back not the revision.

Interesting, what about just running it through a modded wii? Doesn't it give you option of booting any region? I've only tried JP games.

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I believe you would need Priiloader or Gecko OS if you were going straight from a retail disc, otherwise I think USB loader or an equivalent are kinda iffy because whenever I tried to get a PAL game to work I'd get a blank screen.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
I believe you would need Priiloader or Gecko OS if you were going straight from a retail disc, otherwise I think USB loader or an equivalent are kinda iffy because whenever I tried to get a PAL game to work I'd get a blank screen.

Might be the version of USB loader you were using, I've had zero issue with any PAL game on my wii.

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

I think I did that as well, but I'll make sure to at least try it again this week and see if it works.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Are you still interested in that game? I could get my hands on a factory sealed copy!

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sorry about the delay, I had mistakenly thought I had the correct AR version, but I don't. I have the AR Max, I need the older version, and it seems like a sure thing that the older version works:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=537000#p537000
No problem, that sucks though, I have the older version just no memory card...

Are you still interested in that game? I could get my hands on a factory sealed copy!
I am, but... I couldn't bring my self to unseal it, haha.