WTB: Final Fantasy VI Piano Collections sheet music book (long shot, I know)

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's a long shot, but anyone happen to have the sheet music book that was packaged with the CD for FF-VI piano collections? I'm talking about the one arranged for Square by Shirou Satou, not the sheet music book with transcriptions of virtually the entire OST. Any help is appreciated, guys.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
354   0   0
EDIT: I was linking you to otaku.com for the regular osv book, without reading the rest of your post.

Good luck on your hunt!

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was listening to that cd last night. I like the piano versions.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
EDIT: I was linking you to otaku.com for the regular osv book, without reading the rest of your post.

Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks, man. Yeah the OSV version is all over the place, but it's like Satou's transcriptions have fallen off the face of the earth. They used to package the sheet music with the CD, but all that's left is the CD. I actually have a PDF file of the sheet music, but this is a matter of 'want' rather than 'need'.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you have a price range that you're willing to pay for it?

Do you have a source? I’m referring to the actual book that was packaged with the CD, hopefully in a well preserved condition. There should include sheet music for the whole of the album, consisting of thirteen pieces, all arranged by Satou as commissioned by Squaresoft.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
well it's not pristine as it was used by a college student who minored in music but it is that book :lolz:

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
well it's not pristine as it was used by a college student who minored in music but it is that book :lolz:

“not pristine”? That could mean a number of things. What degree of wear are we talking? Any writing in it?
A picture of the actual book would be great as well.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
not pristine as in worn from use, slight spine creasage, and translation notes written in the pages

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
not pristine as in worn from use, slight spine creasage, and translation notes written in the pages

Yeah, that’s not exactly pristine.:lolz: A little wear and tear is fine, especially considering the age. It’s the writing in margins and along the staffs that is likely to turn me away. You mentioned you minored in music, so I’m sure you’ve taken a few liberties with your pen in the book, which is entirely understandable. Thing is, it’s your writing, not mine. That book would never feel like it really belonged to me. It’s a little hang-up of mine when it comes to sheet music; forgive me. The offer is greatly appreciated, however. I'm sure it's the closest I'll come to getting my hands on an actual copy.

Last edited:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Yeah, I can't even find a base price to base my book off of. The CD itself goes for as much as I paid for the book back in the day so going off that isn't even close. If I can get a price range I'll let you know, but until then godspeed on your quest.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
There are many of the older 'Ever Anime' chineese ripoffs that actually come with the Piano booklets just like the originals, have you tried looking for those?

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There are many of the older 'Ever Anime' chineese ripoffs that actually come with the Piano booklets just like the originals, have you tried looking for those?

Tried it all, man. I can get my hands on the music, as I actually have the book as a scanned PDF file. Of course, I want the book because, frankly, I want it. FF-VI has a brilliant score, and the piano transcriptions for the 'piano collections' are really well done.
The bitch of this is that all the other sheet music for the other piano collections is so readily available for purchase. This one damned book has been a thorn in my ass for so long though, because it never pops up for sale anywhere.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I also didn't explain that the only sheet music released for the album was the booklet released by Square' back when it was first released. Every other release - bootleg or official - has been CD only. The original sheets were produced in '94. It's just one of those rare things that I can't seem to catch a break with.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
270   0   0
Have all three IV-VI, minty.
Send me pm if interested,
cheers.

dsc08406n.jpg

Last edited:

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I also didn't explain that the only sheet music released for the album was the booklet released by Square' back when it was first released. Every other release - bootleg or official - has been CD only. The original sheets were produced in '94. It's just one of those rare things that I can't seem to catch a break with.

Hmm, My Ever Anime FFIV has the music book, so I figured FFVI would have it as well.