WTB: FM Towns Marty

PCE_Fanboy

n00b
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Yea anyone got one they are willing to part with?? I ask as my CD drive failed and there is no way to replace it as there are no part #'s what so ever on this beast :(

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Yea anyone got one they are willing to part with?? I ask as my CD drive failed and there is no way to replace it as there are no part #'s what so ever on this beast :(

So you're Atreyu, eh? That was pretty weird when you deleted your own account on PCEFX because you were caught being dishonest in a business transaction.

It's also weird how you have a second account here. Did you forget your password, like that one time on PCEFX? When that happened, you just made a new account called atr3yu -- why didn't you do that this time?

Trying to ditch your old rep?

PCE_Fanboy

n00b
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I deleted it because I tried to explain myself and couldn't get a word in edge wise. And I have never tried to hide who I am several members of that site know my tag here and nor did I ever try to hide it ever. As for another account that simply put isn't mine, believe what you will. And I wasn't being dishonest I was simply offering him a game I wasn't really looking to part with and the only ones I say for sale was this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Adventure-I...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

On Ebay which is as pricey as I said and the one from telegames

http://www.telegames.co.uk/product_...=7962&osCsid=0263c2b78936f2d6778a67366ff3a6db

Both are over $60 and I wasn't aware there was such a price difference between TG16 and PCE versions. And attempting to make $10 isn't being dishonest. I am not going to explain myself on something that is so stupid as I know everyone has attempted to profit on a sale in one way or another. I have made several transactions here and other forums with happy parties. Last time I saw something I wanted and it was to high I didn't buy it not throw it all out of proportion.

jetblue

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
how much do you want for your broken one? How badly damaged is it?

I am chop5 over at pcenginefx. My story of a different nickname is long and boring and has no ninjas or robots in it.

Spazmonkey

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Haha, you guys were fighting and totally ignored the guy who wants to buy stuff.:lol:

PCE_Fanboy

n00b
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That is because I am still trying to see if I get one ATM, I don't want to let it go till I have another as I have some of the floppy games for the FM Towns PC I can still play. I acan still play some ScummVM as well.

Anyhow I am trying to get a new Marty as we speak. I was thinking $40 should I aquire this one. The drive belt is intact and recently replace. It won't be anything except the deck, but it uses standard A/V cables and the power cord that is commonly found in PS1/2, Saturn etc. as I have always wanted another pad and I am keeping the mouse. The one I am trying to get doesn't come with anything but deck and pad.

I will let you know if I do in fact get another and if I do get rid of it if you would like it I will hold it for you. I have looked for a laser replacement but there is no part # on the laser itself just the whole assembly. The person that is trying to import this for me is waiting till the auction ends once more and he re-list the item for the 5th time to see if he will in fact send it to the states if paid via Japanese bank, but right now nothing is set in stone except I have the cash ready to pay :(

If you want this drop me a PM so I can keep in touch to let you know as I don't see myself getting one from here and this thread will die off. Once I get a camera I can take some pics of it if you want, oh yea it is the Marty 1 not 2.

jetblue

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
would make a nice project for me. yeah keep me posted. $40 sounds reasonable. bare system is fine,marty 1 is fine. I dont think there was much difference between the marty 1 and 2 other than case color.

PCE_Fanboy

n00b
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
No,only different colored case is the only difference. And will do, now I cross my fingers and wait...

quoth09

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I deleted it because I tried to explain myself and couldn't get a word in edge wise.

Actually, you got confronted by everyone over there in the shoutbox, refused to really answer anyone with a legitimate excuse, then closed out your account in less than an hour after you signed on and read the post. Then you started up trash over at the Atari Age forums; including crap about how you were going to threaten legal action upon someone for ripping up a money order.
You are my age for crying out loud; act like it.

And I wasn't being dishonest I was simply offering him a game I wasn't really looking to part with and the only ones I say for sale was this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Adventure-I...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

On Ebay which is as pricey as I said and the one from telegames

http://www.telegames.co.uk/product_...=7962&osCsid=0263c2b78936f2d6778a67366ff3a6db

Both are over $60 and I wasn't aware there was such a price difference between TG16 and PCE versions. And attempting to make $10 isn't being dishonest. I am not going to explain myself on something that is so stupid as I know everyone has attempted to profit on a sale in one way or another. I have made several transactions here and other forums with happy parties. Last time I saw something I wanted and it was to high I didn't buy it not throw it all out of proportion.

Exactly, and that is the kind of behavior that the long running members over there try to prevent - those prices are ridiculous, just like you saying that you paid 10$ for shipping (and trying to charge me for it after), and before all that you acted like you didn't even know the correct title of the game. Then a few days later, you magically have 2 copies; one of which you are trying to sell to me for more than you just paid for it, when I'm not stupid nor desperate.

As for that auction and Telegames, anyone that would do their own research would easily see that it doesn't sell for that much ANYWHERE. Try reading between the lines when price checking. Those prices are highway robbery for a loose card.

This is a dead horse either way, but none the less, if you aren't going to state the facts, don't bring the subject up.

Good luck on finding that drive before you go out to your farm.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Oh God, another one. Why does this place seem to be a last resort haven so to speak? :(