WTB Joe & Mac Arcade PCB

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't know if anyone even remembers this little gem from Data East, but if anyone ever comes across the board (or has it), I'm willing to buy it ASAP. It'll probably never happen because I've never seen it for sale ANYWHERE, but I can dream!!! They had it at the arcade connected to the skating rink when I was a kid and I'm dying to play it!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_&_Mac

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yeah I saw that but I want the US board. I could ask the guy that owns the rink (small town) and see if he still has it but that was 20 something years ago so I doubt it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Yeah I saw that but I want the US board. I could ask the guy that owns the rink (small town) and see if he still has it but that was 20 something years ago so I doubt it.

Everytime I saw it in the wild it was called caveman ninja I've never seen a joe and Mac board only home releases.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Everytime I saw it in the wild it was called caveman ninja I've never seen a joe and Mac board only home releases.

I'm almost positive the one I played was just Joe and Mac. I have some home videos that have me playing it but have no way of double checking cause they're hi-8 tapes. But like I said, I don't ever remember playing it titled anything else. I remember the whole lineup at that place for the 3 years I went religiously.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
145   0   0
The Japanese version is Joe and Mac, the US version was Caveman Ninja. Same game, unless you were playing Joe and Mac Returns. Good luck either way as the I love that game. I have some super fond memories of grinding through on the SNES as a kid whilst jamming out to Maiden's Fear of the Dark.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Maybe it was a JAP board then with a US kit. Who knows. But yeah. Fucking dug it. Then they replaced it with TMNTiT which was fucking sick too. I don't have a lot of room at the house as it is. And I move a lot so I could probably only get away with the Big Red I already have. I might hit up the guy on eBay and talk to the wife and see what's up.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Awesome game.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have this

rp8a7.jpg

8bddx.jpg

No idea what region it is.

Board seems like a legit data east board so its at least not the chinese variety of a boot that comes in a very different looking dirty huge pcb.

That said there are windowed eproms on it with windows covered by pieces of tape, I havent got the faintest idea if original board has these or not.

I´d say this is either original caveman board or there is a slight possibility someone converted some other compatible data east board into a caveman board with eeproms. I dont know for sure.

There´s no service menu or preboot texts or anything like that that would give any hint about region. theres just a data east logo and then it goes to attract mode. all settings are done by dip switches. I suppose thats how its supposed to be in an original pcb too.

Seems to work properly with no glitches or anything like that.

Shipping from Finland might kill this for you.

80 eur + shipping is the price. It might come to something like 150 usd shipped depending on how much it will end up weighing when packed properly.

Last edited: