WTB: Konami Windy Marquee Holder, Control Panels , AWSD Control Panel, more...

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well I finally found a few of the cabs Iv been looking for, a Windy I and an AWSD....but they need quite a bit of tender loving' care before they are restored to their former glory!:vik::vik: Besides the monitor work (which I won't know about till they arrive and I start poking around), theres a few missing parts.
Heres the Filthy animals:

As you can see the panel on the AWSD is absent of any art and I don't even know where the one on the Windy came from

So heres the rundown:
Konami Windy needs:
-Marquee Holder
-Control Panel (Would love to snag both a 1p and 2p panel)
-Front Door Panel (PCB Bay Panel)
-Instruction band

AWSD needs:
-Control Panel
-Front Door Panel (PCB Bay Panel)
-Instruction band
OR
-Egret 3 Illumination panel (as I already have two Egret 3 control panels)

Thanks in advance for any help given in acquiring any of the listed items so I can get these cabs completely restored and running again!!

Last edited:

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Good luck on the control panel my man, they are very hard to find. There are scans of the overlays if you want to have one printed, they will fit a sega panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Good luck on the control panel my man, they are very hard to find. There are scans of the overlays if you want to have one printed, they will fit a sega panel.

The windy repro panel scans are not that great but better than nothing. My Windy had one when I got it and the color was waaaay off. The pink was more red. It's worth watching yahoo for one because it's a beautiful panel. It's very glossy and looks amazing. Windy never had a player panel. There is a scan out there to make your own

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
The windy repro panel scans are not that great but better than nothing. My Windy had one when I got it and the color was waaaay off. The pink was more red. It's worth watching yahoo for one because it's a beautiful panel. It's very glossy and looks amazing. Windy never had a player panel. There is a scan out there to make your own

Yeah all the Windy stuff is very unicorn'esque...but YAJ is def your best bet. As someone mentioned there is a 1-player custom overlay created [by me] out there since a 1p panel doesn't exist for Windy 1 [but does for 2]

I think I've seen more marquees than I have panels. Good luck with your search! Be patient and you'll find them. Eventually.

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Yeah all the Windy stuff is very unicorn'esque...but YAJ is def your best bet. As someone mentioned there is a 1-player custom overlay created [by me] out there since a 1p panel doesn't exist for Windy 1 [but does for 2]

I think I've seen more marquees than I have panels. Good luck with your search! Be patient and you'll find them. Eventually.

Thanks guys for the kind words and encouragement! Do you guys know if the PCB bay panel/door is the same dimensions etc. as a more common cabinet like a blast or astro? Yeah Iv been looking on YAJ for some time now, long before I ever found these actual machines, but no luck so far. Just going to keep looking and be patient. I just wanted to put feelers out here and shmups in case someone happened to have a lead on something. Might just go the repro route on the control panels for now until I find my unicorn...Any recommendations on someone to do the control panels?

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was wondering who scooped those. Best of luck on finding those parts...Windy is a really cool looking cab. :)

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was wondering who scooped those. Best of luck on finding those parts...Windy is a really cool looking cab. :)

Thanks! Iv wanted a Windy for a long time but every time I try to get one Im not quick enough or the owner doesn't want to sell. I take great pride and joy in restoring things, Im looking forward to making these beasts shine:buttrock:

on the AWSD...do you need a 1p or 2p?

I would eventually like both, the panel it has on it is completely destroyed and devoid of any art. Or I could turn it into an Egret 3 if I could find a E3 illumination panel, as I already have two Egret 3 panels...

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
I have an AWSD panel and Windy marquee. Shot you a message.

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bump! Haven't had any leads on any panels thus far; does anyone have a suggestion as to someone who can do QUALITY control panel overlays? I asked Jasen already and his printer is down till late next year. Or maybe I could find a local printer if someone knows the specific type of adhesive vinyl to use? Thanks guys!

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Rating - 100%
222   0   0
Bump! Haven't had any leads on any panels thus far; does anyone have a suggestion as to someone who can do QUALITY control panel overlays? I asked Jasen already and his printer is down till late next year. Or maybe I could find a local printer if someone knows the specific type of adhesive vinyl to use? Thanks guys!

I picked up mine here : http://www.gameongrafix.com/control-panels--239/windy-ii-cpo

I needed a Windy II and I don't see the Windy I on there site but the vector file is on arcade otaku's wiki and I bet if you email them they would do it. Mine came out really nice and it was a very good price. They do not cut the holes or edges but thats pretty easy to do if you already have a panel to put it on just apply the overlay and take an exacto knife and cut what you need.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
d83696726408527b2ad8161d5121a50b.jpg
210a1f5ac61902b0900795bb39c908aa.jpg

The good: includes surround, move strip bezel & glass, and is free to you if you trade me something even remotely cool; I'm easy. I'm talking single common garbage pail kid tier, lol. Maybe split shipping?

The bad: some sort of strange fuckery will be required to mount sticks.

The ugly: neo select and 4th button holes drilled

Lmk.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
How much are you looking to spend on a one player AWSD panel? I think my friend has one he's not using.

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The good: includes surround, move strip bezel & glass, and is free to you if you trade me something even remotely cool; I'm easy. I'm talking single common garbage pail kid tier, lol. Maybe split shipping?

The bad: some sort of strange fuckery will be required to mount sticks.

The ugly: neo select and 4th button holes drilled

Lmk.
PMed
How much are you looking to spend on a one player AWSD panel? I think my friend has one he's not using.
PMed
I picked up mine here : http://www.gameongrafix.com/control-panels--239/windy-ii-cpo

I needed a Windy II and I don't see the Windy I on there site but the vector file is on arcade otaku's wiki and I bet if you email them they would do it. Mine came out really nice and it was a very good price. They do not cut the holes or edges but thats pretty easy to do if you already have a panel to put it on just apply the overlay and take an exacto knife and cut what you need.

Thanks guys

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Jasen's customs does nice AWSD stuff- if he's taking orders. Maybe message him on Facebook?

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Finished doing the wash down on the AWSD and cleaning out the control pod. Don't know what the actual hell the person was thinking who made this panel, but thankful Im saving it from Candy Hell.(This was before the cleaning.)

Im working on the Windy today. This poor girl was abused, absolutely disgusting inside. Was surprised to find the original volume control, and after drilling out the lock on the cash box I found the original monitor mount screws and the Konami original coin box along with some 50Y! Not all bad (Cleaned up)

Last edited: