WTB: Low serial AES with Unibios

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As the title states. Since I've started using a scart to hdmi converter, I have been disappointed by the RGB quality on my newer system. If I'm going to go through the trouble of obtaining a "new" system, I would much rather find one that already has Unibios installed. Figured it's worth a shot here before piecing one together.

Thanks!

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
As the title states. Since I've started using a scart to hdmi converter, I have been disappointed by the RGB quality on my newer system. If I'm going to go through the trouble of obtaining a "new" system, I would much rather find one that already has Unibios installed. Figured it's worth a shot here before piecing one together.

Thanks!

Are you comparing it to another system? Have you also isolated the converter?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
My serial number is technically "2"; if I recall correctly. But because of sentimental value, I can't sell her. She's been with me since the early 90's, so I'm kind of attached to her. Those heavy first generation consoles have more character. Her slots are filthy though, and could really use a good cleaning. Decades of constant, fast, & rough insertions have loosened her up to the point of having to almost always slant the carts so they make good contact. But her RGB still makes me salivate!

Well worth it my friend. Don't give up. Find one!

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My serial number is technically "2"; if I recall correctly. But because of sentimental value, I can't sell her. She's been with me since the early 90's, so I'm kind of attached to her. Those heavy first generation consoles have more character. Her slots are filthy though, and could really use a good cleaning. Decades of constant, fast, & rough insertions have loosened her up to the point of having to almost always slant the carts so they make good contact. But her RGB still makes me salivate!

Well worth it my friend. Don't give up. Find one!

Not sure if the innuendo was intended, but it was appreciated.

Are you comparing it to another system? Have you also isolated the converter?
To clarify, I guess I misspoke when I said I was disappointed by the RGB on my later console, but if I'm going to go through the trouble of modding one I would prefer to use one of the earlier revisions which are said to have superior RGB.

How low must it be?

From what I've read, this changed around serial 60k (I forget the exact board revision off the top of my head)

Madman - if you have one available, please let me know the serial (or the board revision).

Thanks!

Last edited:

peterr928

Another Striker,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Disregard, after doing more digging I decided to try Xian Xi's RGB mod. Thanks to those who replied.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Disregard, after doing more digging I decided to try Xian Xi's RGB mod. Thanks to those who replied.

I have the rgb mod done on my Aes and although it does have a better picture now it's still not as nice as my gold system aes. You will see a nice improvement though.

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that doesn't have a unibios that I'm getting ready to sell off. serial number 54216