WTB: MOTW AES (Jap only)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Looking for one of these if someone has a spare they'd be willing to part with. Not too fussed about condition, so long as the box and manual are clean and not torn/ cracked. (Happy without a reg card). Saw a reasonably priced one in Tokyo earlier in the month but didn't bite and I'm now kicking myself. DM pls.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
heh, i'm sure someone here must have some dupes...

here's three of them just sitting on a shelf in Nakano last week :loco:

IMG_4750.JPG

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'm on my phone so the image is too small, out of curiousity, what are the Garou's priced at?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I saw about twelve MOTW carts in central Tokyo ranging between 70,000 Yen and 120,000 Yen depending on condition. (In my experience there tends to be a far broader range in prices in Japan according to quite narrow distinctions in condition; I looked quite closely at some of the carts and couldn't really tell the physical difference between some items, even when there was a couple of hundred dollars difference in price. :conf:).

It's a cliche, but the Japanese really do seem to take a lot more care over vintage game pricing than Western retailers/ eBayers, who automatically aim for the top-end of the scale so long as the game (Neo or otherwise) hasn't got any obvious defects.

city41

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Good condition Garous are a bit harder to find than other AES games because that yellow insert fades like a mofo in the sun.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Thanks dick for not picking at least one up for me! Ban plz

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
Those sure are the most bootlegged carts made by our friends in France sitting in the front row

Some of our friends were kind enough to move to Japan to make sure those world-famous stores never get stock issues.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm not sure I buy that. For one thing, those three MOTWs were all listed as B and C grade quality across manual, cart and box, which wouldn't make sense with freshly made boots. Secondly, the trade-in prices at Mandarake etc. are a pittance. It makes no sense that a serious bootlegger would sell to a Japanese store for a tiny fraction of what they could get buy selling on eBay/ Yahoo Auctions etc. I'm not saying there's no risk but these are not thrift stores; the buyers are knowledgeable and, at this stage of the game, are surely only too aware of boots and the dangers they pose to their livelihoods.