WTB: Sanwa JLW Joystick

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey guys I am looking for a replacement stick for my Irem Madonna. I have one good working JLW already in the cab but one is completely shot and needs to be replaced. This is an older stick that they do not make anymore.
If anyone has one lmk please!

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Have you thought about replacing those for a pair of LS-32's?? the plastic gate on the JLW's is so brittle it will break on you unless you are very careful about who you let to play in your cabs, I can not imagine how arcade operators used to install those joysticks on their cabs back then, unless you plan to be constantly swapping them after a few days of use.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Have you thought about replacing those for a pair of LS-32's?? the plastic gate on the JLW's is so brittle it will break on you unless you are very careful about who you let to play in your cabs, I can not imagine how arcade operators used to install those joysticks on their cabs back then, unless you plan to be constantly swapping them after a few days of use.

Are they really that brittle? I've never beaten on a stick before, I still have LS33s that I've had for over 5 years and use them constantly.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ultimarc has the J-stik which is a Sanwa JLW, but with easy switching screws for moving the restriction gate between 4/8-ways.
I have a couple of these and they aren't any different than the official JLW's.

https://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Ultimarc has the J-stik which is a Sanwa JLW, but with easy switching screws for moving the restriction gate between 4/8-ways.
I have a couple of these and they aren't any different than the official JLW's.

https://www.ultimarc.com/controls.html

Awesome, thanks for the link I might just go this route and swap parts with the one I have if the shaft is different (one in pic looks longer than the original)

d7onr8

n00b
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm in search of a JLW as well and saw the ultimarc ones but was put off by the longer shaft. When you receive yours, can you report if it did in fact have a longer shaft. Thanks.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm in search of a JLW as well and saw the ultimarc ones but was put off by the longer shaft. When you receive yours, can you report if it did in fact have a longer shaft. Thanks.
It definitely looks longer, I haven't ordered yet, maybe I will today. I can always use the shaft from my old JLW (although it's a little rusty) but will let you know
Actually looks like the J-Stik bat top has the stubbier stick like in a real JLW. Think I'm gonna order that and swap the top to my original

Last edited: