WTB: Sega Chihiro Type 1

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Since the type 1 Chihiro is able to run HOTD III, Outrun 2 and Virtual Cop III and the type 3 Chihiro can not I am looking for just the type 1.

Anyone have a type one for sale. I don't need the Dimm board or the Capcom/Sega I/O

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Since the type 1 Chihiro is able to run HOTD III, Outrun 2 and Virtual Cop III and the type 3 Chihiro can not I am looking for just the type 1.

Anyone have a type one for sale. I don't need the Dimm board or the Capcom/Sega I/O

You can netboot both Outrun 2 on a Chihiro Type 3 just fine. Crazy Taxi 3 has also been recently patched to run on a Type 3 as well. While I haven't personally netbooted House of the Dead III or Virtua Copy 3... I have used Darksoft's Chihiro/Triforce SSD kit to play both of them on my Type 3. So I'm going to assume that they work fine if you netboot them also (i.e. it was just Crazy Taxi 3 that was incompatible until last year).

Really, there's no reason to not get a Type 3. It plays everything. You can even leave the lid open and swap the ram/jumpers at will if you want to boot 512gb or 1gb games.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I have a type 3 if the above post changes your opinion. $310 plus shipping, includes the AVIP cable, it's in gamers condition, JPN version with 512mb.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have a type 3 if the above post changes your opinion. $310 plus shipping, includes the AVIP cable, it's in gamers condition, JPN version with 512mb.

Basically I must be able to boot/netboot and play outrun 2, house of the dead 3 and virtual cop 3. Can you confirm this on your type 3

You can netboot both Outrun 2 on a Chihiro Type 3 just fine. Crazy Taxi 3 has also been recently patched to run on a Type 3 as well. While I haven't personally netbooted House of the Dead III or Virtua Copy 3... I have used Darksoft's Chihiro/Triforce SSD kit to play both of them on my Type 3. So I'm going to assume that they work fine if you netboot them also (i.e. it was just Crazy Taxi 3 that was incompatible until last year).

Really, there's no reason to not get a Type 3. It plays everything. You can even leave the lid open and swap the ram/jumpers at will if you want to boot 512gb or 1gb games.

I must be able to boot/netboot and play outrun 2, house of the dead 3 and virtual cop 3, can you confirm this on your type 3

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad you missed out on this one. Chihiro Type 1, GD-Rom drive with cables, and a 512 NetDIMM for $224.50 shipped. I wanted to buy it myself, but it was a US only deal.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Outrun 2 (512MB) loads fine. Just turn it to from Cabinet -> Upright in the game settings if you get a wheel error at boot-up. Note that the later SP games don't throw this error.

Virua Cop 3 (512MB) loads fine.

House of the Dead III (1GB) loads fine.

Keep in mind that you can't run 512MB games with 1GB of ram installed and vice versa. You have to add/remove the extra stick of ram and set a jumper on the motherboard to switch between the ram modes. The same thing is true for netbooting vs. gd-rom drive, it's controlled by a jumper.

Images of the games being netbooted: https://imgur.com/a/ZI7ne

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Outrun 2 (512MB) loads fine. Just turn it to from Cabinet -> Upright in the game settings if you get a wheel error at boot-up. Note that the later SP games don't throw this error.

Keep in mind that you can't run 512MB games with 1GB of ram installed and vice versa. You have to add/remove the extra stick of ram and set a jumper on the motherboard to switch between the ram modes. The same thing is true for netbooting vs. gd-rom drive, it's controlled by a jumper.

Thanks for the confirmation man:glee:
Trying to work something out with LegoSlug

Too bad you missed out on this one. Chihiro Type 1, GD-Rom drive with cables, and a 512 NetDIMM for $224.50 shipped. I wanted to buy it myself, but it was a US only deal.

If I entered that listing I am sure it would have hit the $300 mark.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0

By the way does the Chihiro use SDRAM PC133. Can I just upgrade it with two 512 modules