WTB: Slap Happy Rhythm Busters (PSX)

Gerken

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Slap Happy Rhythm Busters (PSX)

Please IM me if you have this game. I would like it complete if possible.

Let me know,
Thanks,
Gerken

Gerken

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
*bump*

Also if you have any information on how I might attain this title, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Gerken

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
i've been looking for this game since it came out. it's def pretty tough to find :help:

Gerken

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Really interested in finding this game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerken

Gerken

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Someone has to have one, or know how to get ahold of one somewhere?

Gerken

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I have a CDR copy of this game, it's a VERY good fighter, it's a 2.5D cel shaded fighter that uses polygons instead of sprites, but the characters are 2D looking, the backgrounds appear 3D (like CvS2), great animations and music, wild looking characters, there's a semi chun-li clone, and a jubei clone from SS, actually GREAT combo system, everyone has normal fighting game specials and supers, you also have a "music" super, where the screen turns into a bust a groove style interface, and you gotta pound out the rhythm bubbles on the pad to get the full combo, i made a combo video for this game once, some people have up to 28 hit juggles, it's almost as crazy as X-men vs SF with the air juggles. Everytime I try to mention this game to someone, they don't have a clue what i'm going on about.

It was also re-released under the greatest hits label in Japan for PSX. NCS had the re-release in stock for 38 once, but i was broke.

i've always said this is one of the best fighting games on the PSX hands down.

Last edited:

Gerken

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You aren't part of the "Pimp-Productions" web site are you? I downloaded a combo video from there a long time ago. It looked very sweet, but I thought "slap happy rhythm busters" was the name of the song in the background, but recently I figured out that was the actual name of the game. It looks very stylistic and just cool. It is kind of hard to believe that I haven't seen a copy floating around on eBay or anywhere else since this game got a greatest hits release.

I need to find this game :help:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Gerken said:
You aren't part of the "Pimp-Productions" web site are you? I downloaded a combo video from there a long time ago. It looked very sweet, but I thought "slap happy rhythm busters" was the name of the song in the background, but recently I figured out that was the actual name of the game. It looks very stylistic and just cool. It is kind of hard to believe that I haven't seen a copy floating around on eBay or anywhere else since this game got a greatest hits release.

I need to find this game :help:

it was probably my video, i don't know anyone else who ever did one, that's why I made it cause i wanted people to see this game, i had it up on game combos.com a long time ago.

jennety

n00b
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've got one but won't be selling it anytime soon. The label / instruction manual is completely silver with a hot pink logo (pretty slick). I agree, it is one hell of a fighter. Sorry I can't be of any help but there are a few of us out there that own this rare gem. good luck!!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
jennety said:
I've got one but won't be selling it anytime soon. The label / instruction manual is completely silver with a hot pink logo (pretty slick). I agree, it is one hell of a fighter. Sorry I can't be of any help but there are a few of us out there that own this rare gem. good luck!!

i dont even think it's that rare, just one of those strange games you don't see many people selling over here, no one really knows about it or what it is, so no ones looking for it, plus it doesn't help it has a very silly name, it did have a best release, so it's not rare as far as numbers go.

i DO see it on ebay from time to time when i think about searching for it, it's usually going for about 30-40 dollars used.

it would be interesting to know what other games that developer has made since, since it's a VERY good game.

Gerken

Crossed Swords Squire
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All I need to do is find someone who lives in Japan and have them do me a favor and check out a few stores.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
if you check the gamefaqs page for the developer polygon magic, you'll see they also made the PSX fighter "VS." which was released by THQ in the USA. :mr_t:

here is their full release list

Galerians
Incredible Crisis
Lord of Fist
Matsumoto Reiji 999
Muchicco Dai-kessen
Slap Happy Rhythm Busters
Straight Victory
Vs.

Last edited: