WTB - Street Fighter 3 Third Strike kit - US version

shaktazuki

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Someone just sold a complete kit on this forum for 475 yesterday; maybe there's more out there.

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
I think the question is... what is a complete kit to you? Yesterday's one was the mobo, cd, cart, and cd-rom drive.

To most complete kit would mean original box, full art set etc.

shaktazuki

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I mean the complete hardware kit. Whatever I need to drop in a cab and make it go. Thanks for clarifying.

thchardcore

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I have a US version with Both A/B CDs and case, Mobo, Cd drive, Metal Case and Cart with battery installed 2 years ago.

I would consider somewhere around the $600 mark plus shipping.

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
http://cgi.ebay.com/Street-Fighter-...s=65:10|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

$400 BIN with best offer. It looks to have everything I need, although I could be wrong.

"I have turned the cabinet into a Marvel vs Capcom 2 machine, and have no further use for 3rd Strike"

Ugh, Really?

He also says it's still on the original battery, which could be a risky proposition.

Actually, I'd jump on THC's offer if I were you, The board that you were talking about came from SethArnott, and he always lets his shit go for dirt cheap (just another reason why he's the man. . . )

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
oh wow buddy.

so you're fully aware that this is a ~$500 game, and yet you expect me to toss it in for free with the purchase of a $550 cabinet???? Not only that, but I told you I had a kit I could sell you and you went ahead and made this thread anyways.

I do not want to do business with you at this point, but I would like you to know that when I mentioned selling the kit, the price I had in mind was a fair bit less than what you are offering.

If that was you that bought the board in the link, congrats. I hope it survives shipping and the battery swap (no sarcasm)

shaktazuki

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didn't know exactly what you meant by "PCB" - it sounded like one printed circuit board, and not a kit (I freely admit ignorance - perhaps PCB is always to be interpreted as "kit", but it didn't sound to me like "motherboard, disc drive, cabling, disk, and simms" etc.). If I had known, or you had explained, then I would have bought the kit from you, but as it is, I've been waiting for you to respond to my PMed questions about it and the cab since Wednesday afternoon, and you've logged in several times since then.

EDIT: here's what I thought you meant by "PCB" (only without the wires and stuff):
ps2.jpg

Clearly if I had understood your "pcb" to mean "motherboard, cabling, drive, disc, etc" I would not have asked you to throw it in for free; this thread, and the fact that I bought the kit off ebay, rather proves that, doesn't it? Please understand - it was a simple miscommunication. I would rather have gotten a packaged deal but I didn't know that was what you were offering because you didn't get back to me.

If you don't want to sell the cab, you don't have to; that's quite alright. My offer to purchase your cab is still open until 4p this afternoon, if you wish to take it.

I hope it survives, too. Changing the battery doesn't look so hard... (famous last words, I know).

Last edited:

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I hope it survives, too. Changing the battery doesn't look so hard... (famous last words, I know).

Dude, if you don't know the difference between a PCB and a kit, and don't know what a CPS3 setup looks like, you shouldn't try to change the battery yourself.

shaktazuki

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dude, if you don't know the difference between a PCB and a kit, and don't know what a CPS3 setup looks like, you shouldn't try to change the battery yourself.
You're right. I'll ask someone who knows a hell of a lot more about electronics to do it. Simply modding my SFAC stick is a far cry from this.

I think I understand now what the difference between PCB and kit is - when you guys say PCB, you mean the electronic equipment alone without art or fliers etc., and when you say kit you mean the electronic equipment + art, marquee, etc.; but at least one poster has used PCB to mean the actual game cartridge and not necessarily the motherboard.

I thought kit meant all the hardware, and PCB meant, literally, a printed circuit board from a kit.