WTB: US version NGPC games

pooch

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am looking for these games, US version. Must be factory sealed, collector's condition, minty, no crush, dents, tears to seal. Sorry for being so picky. Many thanks in advance.:)

Magical Drop Pocket
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
Neo 21
Neo Cherry Master Color
Neo Dragon's Wild
Neo Mystery Bonus
Neo Turf Masters
Puyo Pop
Puzzle Link 2
Samurai Shodown! II
Shanghai Mini
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash Capcom
SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I do not know what you mean by factory sealed but I have Metal Slug 2nd Mission in clamshell case brand new.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Rating - 100%
196   0   1
Whoa, good luck on getting factory sealed. I have plenty of the US version games you're looking for in near mint condition though. PM me if you're interested.

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I still don't understand by factory sealed, I have never seen one. (and I have seen cartons of NGPC games, NON ARE SEALED in any ways, all fresh out of the shipping box)

bokmeow

Rating - 100%
196   0   1
I still don't understand by factory sealed, I have never seen one. (and I have seen cartons of NGPC games, NON ARE SEALED in any ways, all fresh out of the shipping box)

I've seen them, but I don't know at what stage they were shrinkwrapped, was it at the distribution, or was it at the retailer? Japanese NGPC games as a general rule didn't have shrinkwraps, they just had the clear round cellophane sticker sealing the tab of the cardboard boxed versions later in the NGPC's lifespan, after they stopped using the black snaplock case.

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very informative. I alway thought the shrinkwraps was done by the retailers to prevent thief or damage.

I've seen them, but I don't know at what stage they were shrinkwrapped, was it at the distribution, or was it at the retailer? Japanese NGPC games as a general rule didn't have shrinkwraps, they just had the clear round cellophane sticker sealing the tab of the cardboard boxed versions later in the NGPC's lifespan, after they stopped using the black snaplock case.

pooch

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I thought all US NGPC games came in cardboard boxes? Or am I wrong that some came in clamshell?

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I thought all US NGPC games came in cardboard boxes? Or am I wrong that some came in clamshell?

Some of the first games were released in very small quantities in clamshell cases. They were never sealed. They are impossible to find. (this is an understatement) I've been looking for over two years, and I've come across two copies of Bust-a-Move clamshell. That's it.

Also, good luck with your search for the sealed cardboard games. Some will be hard to find, but it's very doable. I suggest you keep scouring ebay. Over the years I've seen pretty much every single title pop up in new condition. Magical Drop should be the hardest one to find, and I have seen that one sealed a couple times.

Edit - US games did come sealed from the factory, and of all systems, it's one of the easiest to distinguish as a reseal or legitimate seal. There are patterns of holes in the shrinkwrap, and at opposite ends, there are very messy shrinkwrap seams.

Last edited:

pooch

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Vectorman0: thank you so much for all the info. It really helps me in my search.

So do you know of which were the games that had a clamshell release in the US before replaced with the boxed ones?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
In 2000 SNK USA decided to switch to cardboard case games. Thus many US games have two forms of packaging, cardboard and plastic case. This also happened in Japan with some games like Beast Busters, SNK vs. Capcom, etc.

NOTHING was factory sealed. Japanese companies are not into factory sealing. This is a western phenomenon. So no sealing occurred at any factory. Maybe in the game stores they would be covered in shrinkwrap, but not in the factory.

presicion25

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ive got a copy of Crush Roller Sealed in plastic, but Im guessing it was made in the US since I read Japan didnt seal games anyway.....
Lol I dont even know if its a good game or not, since Ive never opened it....:)

Some of the first games were released in very small quantities in clamshell cases. They were never sealed. They are impossible to find. (this is an understatement) I've been looking for over two years, and I've come across two copies of Bust-a-Move clamshell. That's it.

Also, good luck with your search for the sealed cardboard games. Some will be hard to find, but it's very doable. I suggest you keep scouring ebay. Over the years I've seen pretty much every single title pop up in new condition. Magical Drop should be the hardest one to find, and I have seen that one sealed a couple times.

Edit - US games did come sealed from the factory, and of all systems, it's one of the easiest to distinguish as a reseal or legitimate seal. There are patterns of holes in the shrinkwrap, and at opposite ends, there are very messy shrinkwrap seams.

bokmeow

Rating - 100%
196   0   1
I know of

MS 1st
SS 2
Bust-A-Move
Baseball Stars

but there are probably more

Add King of Fighters R-2 to that list. It passed through my hands once entirely by accident, the guy selling it put it up with no pictures, no clear description, so I managed to snag it without realizing what it was until it arrived in my post box.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
nice, I've never seen this one. BTW: Is the ESRB Rating on the clamshell US-games a sticker or is it printed on the insert? Couldn't lay my hands on any game of that type ... yet :glee:

Add King of Fighters R-2 to that list. It passed through my hands once entirely by accident, the guy selling it put it up with no pictures, no clear description, so I managed to snag it without realizing what it was until it arrived in my post box.

bokmeow

Rating - 100%
196   0   1
nice, I've never seen this one. BTW: Is the ESRB Rating on the clamshell US-games a sticker or is it printed on the insert? Couldn't lay my hands on any game of that type ... yet :glee:

It was an ESRB sticker. misshotback has it now, if she ever pops in again, she can tell you where. My memory of it is a little hazy because it was so long ago.

pooch

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ive got a copy of Crush Roller Sealed in plastic, but Im guessing it was made in the US since I read Japan didnt seal games anyway.....
Lol I dont even know if its a good game or not, since Ive never opened it....:)

Is it in a clamshell or cardboard box? If it's a clamshell, it's most definitely sealed by the store owner not a factory seal.

presicion25

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Is it in a clamshell or cardboard box? If it's a clamshell, it's most definitely sealed by the store owner not a factory seal.

I almost forgot about this thread. The Crush Roller I have is in a cardboard box. The plastic it's sealed in is pretty tight. I ll get a picture up of it tonight in my profile.

pooch

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I almost forgot about this thread. The Crush Roller I have is in a cardboard box. The plastic it's sealed in is pretty tight. I ll get a picture up of it tonight in my profile.

I already got that, I am looking for clamshell cases. Sorry.

Still looking for these games, not giving up!

Real Bout Maniac

Corporal Dick,
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I just put up a set of Neo Geo Pocket items that includes Samurai Shodown! 2 and Match of the Millenium.

You can check out my post in the selling forum for more details.