[WTB] V-Liner or JGP original PCBs

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
I am looking for original V-Liner or JGP PCBs as I am trying to make a development PCB that would be functionnally identical to the ones SNK used to create their own games, and I believe the dip switches on the BrezzaSoft boards are wired the same way as in these dev carts. I'd prefer to buy the PCBs without any components on it, I wouldn't like to destroy a 100$ cart just to see how it's made. Working or not, doesn't matter (preferably not working) @DGE ?

I don't know how much the pcbs alone are worth, so tell me your price

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Just so you know, those boards don’t come with the dip switch arrays populated. Yes, the etchings for them are on the board, but they are blank. You will need to buy them from Digital-Key or Mouser and solder them in yourself.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, but I already seen this on the scan. Do you know for sure if they are wired as in your devcart or not? So I can know if it is useful for me to buy these pcbs.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I would imagine that perhaps with the dip switches in place, you could set them in certain sequences which would allow you to select different size / type eproms. Maybe one array determines the P rom and the other controls the V rom. The board also has positions for surface mount P & V roms. I would imagine you could solder in sockets for those as well as the dip sockets.

But I can’t really say for certain just how they function. Without a manual, you would be at the mercy of hours of testing and working with a multimeter & logic probe in order to determine & document all of the positions & their effects. My only personal experience with this board was when I soldered in sockets for the dip style P & V roms and was able to figure out how to convert a JGP cart into a V Liner by using that prog board and the cha board from a world heroes 1. This was useful to me back when I hadn’t yet found a V Liner Cart, and they were selling for like $300+ while a surpluss of JGP carts had been found and were selling for like $30. Once I got a real V Liner, it didn’t matter to me anymore. I’m not sure about present day, but I would imagine neither of those carts are common now.

I never really thought that board could be useful for development & testing, your the first person I’ve heard make mention of this. So maybe it’s worth looking into. I would maybe move this into the tech forum first, and seek help from JM Kurtz or James (from Hawaii) and see what they think.