WTB: Wei-ya 3129D

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm trying to get my Sammy Atomiswave SD cab up and going but haven't had any luck finding a replacement chassis that will work with it. Does anyone have a Weiya 3129D or something else that is compatible? I got reading of 5.6 and .8 when I checked the HOR / VER ohms on the yoke in the cab. I don't really care much about 24 and 31khz games as I mostly play 15khz so if there's a chassis that only operates at 15khz I'm fine with that. Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No 15K only chassis for those flat front tubes...only trisync or vga/xvga only.
I am not 100% positive, but the D on those is for dual focus I think, and I don't recall hearing of many other chassis that fit the bill...and none that were trisync, since you need the 15k.
Someone else may have better info, but I'd really suggest looking for a place in florida that handles chassis repair for yours, and if not in florida, wherever you can find it. Probably the best/cheapest/fastest option

Good luck.

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No 15K only chassis for those flat front tubes...only trisync or vga/xvga only.
I am not 100% positive, but the D on those is for dual focus I think, and I don't recall hearing of many other chassis that fit the bill...and none that were trisync, since you need the 15k.
Someone else may have better info, but I'd really suggest looking for a place in florida that handles chassis repair for yours, and if not in florida, wherever you can find it. Probably the best/cheapest/fastest option

Good luck.

PM 300wins

Thanks guys! I have been in line at the only repair shop i could find that works on them for over two months now but haven't even been able to bring it in yet because they are so backed up. I contacted 300wins and he didn't have any chassis left. Still looking for a solution to get my AWSD going, if anyone knows any other repair shops in FL Im willing to drive!!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
HKLegend might be able to hook you up with a NOS chassis. They were able to get a Rodotron for me a while back.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
I have an incomplete one sitting in a box somewhere. It was supposedly repaired, I never opened it and someone else (300wins) had bought it. Returned saying it wasn't all there.

I can try to go through my stuff to see if I have spare parts to throw in.

If you're interested, even in the repaired/incomplete (I think it's a control board?) one, pm me and I'll let it go cheap.

jcmorris

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
EDIT: Got it all sorted out thanks to Pipes. Thanks!

Did you ever get this sorted?

Hoping that it is but I won't know until next week (see below response) :)

I have an incomplete one sitting in a box somewhere. It was supposedly repaired, I never opened it and someone else (300wins) had bought it. Returned saying it wasn't all there.

I can try to go through my stuff to see if I have spare parts to throw in.

If you're interested, even in the repaired/incomplete (I think it's a control board?) one, pm me and I'll let it go cheap.

Im in the process of waiting on a chassis to arrive in hopes that it works, but I won't know for certain until it arrives next week. Ill shoot you a PM so we can discuss further, as Im not opposed to having backup parts seeing as these things are known to fail eventually.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Particularly those.

My theory is that the dual focus and tri-scan switching probably puts a fair amount of "wear" on the chassis which wasn't perfect to begin with.

I group bought a ton of these a few years ago for members here and it was the last new ones anyone could find. Good luck with the search.

I would avoid these cabs unless you have an LCD replacement. I got rid of my cabs after repairing them, mainly because they're a liability.

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wells Gardner 9400's and 9810's with the flat tubes will fit...so will Namco 29es31's if I'm not mistaken (ones from the Tekken 5 cabs that are flat tube)...so there are some other options to find a monitor replacement, but not easy. (will need whole monitors...not chassis swaps for the above list)

I necked mine before I ever got a game with it....and it took me a year to get a NIB weiya2929d (3129's cga mode sucks anyhow) that was vga only.

I will hold on to my AWSD, cause even if ALL my flat tube monitors die...I can alter the bezel and shape it to fit a ms9-29su, or a WG9200 curve tube if extreme measures must be taken. I have plenty of those in the garage for just such an occasion.

All depends on how far you are willing to go. :D

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
I ended up putting a Sanwa PFX monitor/chassis combo in my AWSD, then converting it to an Egret 3 using official sideart and such from Taito. Those Wei-Ya chassis are so bad that people should just throw them away and replace them right away if possible.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
I will die with my AWSD/E3 convert only to remind me of what a crap tactic chassis they come with. I was one of the guys who got one of the NOS chassis and it works, but it's a far cry from any of the monitors from nanao, tosh, etc.