WTF is this? Sega Genesis model 2

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Looks like someone directly tapped into the rgb lines but I thought genesis 2 didnt have rgb output?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What does the chip itself say? I would guess it's a sync cleaner.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
74HC14, 6 schmitt triggered inverters.

They have a super fast rise time. They are either inverting a signal, delaying a signal, or using it to sharpen a rise time to fix a glitch somewhere.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
74HC14, 6 schmitt triggered inverters.

They have a super fast rise time. They are either inverting a signal, delaying a signal, or using it to sharpen a rise time to fix a glitch somewhere.

That's exactly what I was going to say...LOL

How you been RJ?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Going absofreakin'lutely insane.

Launching a new product at work again... Arcade business is so busy I don't have time to update inventory on the website... and I've outgrown the workshop so I've taken the garage over.

I'm waiting on a contractor to tell me when he wants to start so I can get the garage built in and fix the attic stairs so I have even more storage room!

RJ

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wow, that does sound insane. Just don't get stressed dude, that will trigger bad shit to happen.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Been there, done that before, and ended up in the hospital from it. Repairing arcade games is what I do to de-stress.

Well, that and the occasional slaughtering of wild pigs. :D

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Sorry to hear things are so stressful for you Mr Ray. I hate to bug you- but I've sent a few PMs- just trying to see if I can get some info.

Good luck with the contractor stuff/new work.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
PMs replied.

I was up until 3:30am Wed night working on a competitive powerpoint deck for a set of Webex sessions I delivered on Thursday. Woke up at 7:15am to finish the deck, incorporate feedback, and deliver a 9am and 8pm session on Thursday.

Sometimes the day job has some crazy freakin' hours.