Xbox consoles for sale, soft modded, and cleaned out.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have four (4) soft modded Xboxes for sale, all come with a controller, most come with power cables and AV cable.

The consoles were all cleaned out very well, and the DVD laser has been checked and cleaned thoroughly. The CPU and GPU heatspreaders were removed, and the old thermal compound from Microsoft was removed, and I installed new Antec Formula 7 Diamond thermal paste on them to keep them running cool.

EDIT: The system clock capacitor issue is being looked at on every console, and I am removing those as I go along, and I am taking care of that issue. For an added fee they can be replaced entirely with a new cap. I will need to order the parts and wait until they arrive though if you want that added, the consoles do run fine without them though.

EDIT 2: I am ALSO installing the latest XBMC to every console which was just released last month or so. So, the XBMC that you see in the pics is the one currently installed on the console, but, before the console is shipped out, it will be updated to the newest version.

All systems, controllers, and cables, work perfectly.

These systems can all play Emulators, and games of any region. (I have tested them with some DVD-R's JUST INCASE You're interested in such things.)

The price I am asking for each is $100 for the console as is pictured, (all extra features added will cost more), buyer pays shipping costs, and please add 4% for PayPal fees, unless you pay as gift. I do want to sell only in the main 48 states to keep shipping cheap, and I don't think the Xbox will work worldwide anyway due to voltage.

Please PM if interested. I did sell one on ebay to a customer a week ago, and that person seems to like the system quite a bit, so I thought perhaps you guys might as well.

I will be installing a 500GB in my main Xbox hopefully in the next few days, and if all goes well, that might be an option to upgrade other systems to in the future. :) Thank you.
(EDIT: 500GB HDD Installed smoothly, and that can be an option to all consoles purchased for an added fee.)

Pics are now below of the 5 consoles I have for sale. They will be headed to ebay soon if nobody is interested here.

http://s111.photobucket.com/user/Fakk2/slideshow/Games I have for sale/XBoxs for Sale

PS. Edited by Rot.... YUP...

EXTRA EDIT: I find these sorta things no worse than people selling everdrives... I am not ALWAYS on the best of terms with Fakk2... But fair is fair lads...

Last edited:

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
the 500 gb install is a tough choice... it basically doubles the cost of the system, but then allows you to store actual xbox games onto the hdd. If you want to play only emulators then the stock 5gb hdd fits just about anything and everything. Actually finding the 500gb ide drives at a good price is harder than finding the xboxes to put them into :P

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
the 500 gb install is a tough choice... it basically doubles the cost of the system, but then allows you to store actual xbox games onto the hdd. If you want to play only emulators then the stock 5gb hdd fits just about anything and everything. Actually finding the 500gb ide drives at a good price is harder than finding the xboxes to put them into :P

At this point, I'd rather see someone offering a mod service for the Original Xbox with a replaced or removed super cap and an SSD hooked up via IDE -> SATA. I've only heard of a couple people to have success with it, but haven't seen anyone offer that mod. Mind you it's a bit niche, but I'd love to remove the moving parts out of the equation. Minus the fan I suppose

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That would be swanky. I've heard of people doing that with the PS2, but it would be much more awesome with a Xbawks.

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

The 500GB HDD is an easy choice actually, which I managed to install and it works really nice. I managed to get a brand new 500gb WD Blue HDD for $20 the other day, (which can be hard to find at that price, but isn't impossible), installed it, and now I can fit everything on the system that I want. Hell, getting all the Neo-Geo and Neo-Geo CD's on the system, takes up more than 8GB of space last I recall. Meanwhile, everyone is into this "CoinOPS 7 Emulator" which is amazing, and is about 66GB compressed into RARs, (which I am downloading now for the Xbox), and it runs near everything from what I have seen on youtube. If you stick with the OG 5GB Xbox, your limited on what you can do. This is why I offer the upgrades.

Now, I am also looking into installing double the RAM into the Xbox so it runs on 128MB Ram instead of just 64MB, so you can run more Emulated Roms on it, plus I installed a faster IDE cable, which makes everything speed up access a bit. Every upgrade is better than stock.

Now, people are also installing a top of the line P3 CPU in it running at 1.4Ghz, instead of using the regular 733 Celeron chip which loads game ISO's near instantly off of the HDD or FTP! So once the console has the RAM doubled, the IDE cable upgraded, the CPU speed Doubled and the 500GB HDD added, it becomes a damn super Xbox system. I never liked the machine personally, but after all of this, it finally has some relevance in my gaming room. :D Just not for playing Halo, lol.

At this point, I'd rather see someone offering a mod service for the Original Xbox with a replaced or removed super cap and an SSD hooked up via IDE -> SATA. I've only heard of a couple people to have success with it, but haven't seen anyone offer that mod. Mind you it's a bit niche, but I'd love to remove the moving parts out of the equation. Minus the fan I suppose

I agree, having the system with an SSD installed like the once similar to the Goldstar 3DO, that would be nice, but, all the other mods are nice as well. Anything to keep the system running cool, and fast, is a plus in most peoples eyes, especially these days where all the newer consoles are dropping like flies left and right due to overheating, and dead CD Rom drives.

That would be swanky. I've heard of people doing that with the PS2, but it would be much more awesome with a Xbawks.

Not really. The Xbox is fantastic for Emu's in comparison to the PS2, but, the PS2 has a shitload more amazing games than the Xbox. So I would rather see the PS2 modded with the SSD than the Xbox, but, having the PS2 modded with DMS3/4 chip and the on board HDLoader is still amazing to this day! I love to just hold the Triangle button and load up a list of games to instantly choose from. Just like on my PS3 using the Cobra ODE, having a ton of ISOs on an extra HDD is awesome shit. Then again, I love modding ALL my systems, in one way or another.

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Yeah, I didn't mean to shit on your sale thread. I'm not saying your systems are bad, I just have 2 modded ones already and have been hoping someone find consistent success in replacing things with the SSD, even if I probably don't need it. Just gamer's paranoia I guess. Especially considering the lack of Original Xbox emulation.

Fakk2

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Yeah, I didn't mean to shit on your sale thread. I'm not saying your systems are bad, I just have 2 modded ones already and have been hoping someone find consistent success in replacing things with the SSD, even if I probably don't need it. Just gamer's paranoia I guess. Especially considering the lack of Original Xbox emulation.

Nah bro, no apologies needed, as you're not shitting on my sales thread. :) It's totally cool, everyone has the right to say what's on their mind. I totally see what you are talking about, and I agree about certain things to a degree. It's just that most original Xbox consoles are like tanks, (other than the 1.6 models), and it would be cool to replace the DVD rom drive with an SD Memory stick, or something.

However, if you soft/hard mod the system, you can FTP games to the HDD, and play them directly off the HDD, so there is not much need for worry about the DVD rom drive, and as for the capacitor issue, you can always easily remove that one cap, remove the acid using white vinegar, and just replace that cap with another one, (or with a battery), or just leave it as is with nothing there, as the clock is pointless anyway since there is no more LIVE on the console or anything. :D ;)