Xrgb3 and 1sst revision aes problems

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Hello,
Okay so here is the story, recently picked up a xrgb3 and a neo geo to japanese 21pin rgb cable.
I hook up my mvs and my neo cd using this cable I get a clear picture and everything is great and dandy and it also worked with my spare Japanese AES(so this rules out the cable problem)

The problem I'm having is my AES(daughter board version) with a 32k serial number is not displaying anything on the xrgb3 using the rgb cable some times I get sound but the sound itself is choppy and no picture. When I did get a picture I would seem to have sync issues where it would bounce from 15khz to 33khz to 45khz and back to 15khz and it won't be stable. The console works perfectly fine using the composite cable.

I did replace 5 of the 6(from what I have dug up are on the video lines) 100uf capacitors with 470uf ones, changed out the 68ohm resistors to the 75ohm resistor. I have an aftermarket psu and is in proper working order, even switched over to use my arcade psu for +5v thinking possibly the aftermarket psu isn't putting out enough amps. Did all that and still not working. Could a possibly bad/dying Sony cxa1145 be causing my issues?

Sincerely Kevin

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's most likely the 1st gen chipset that gives that problem.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
When you mention chipset do you mean the actual first gen board or that cxa1145? Do you think doing a rgb bypass would possibly fix it? Or should I cut my losses on this US unit get rid of it and buy a Japanese unit to do an rgb bypass to?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
When you mention chipset do you mean the actual first gen board or that cxa1145? Do you think doing a rgb bypass would possibly fix it? Or should I cut my losses on this US unit get rid of it and buy a Japanese unit to do an rgb bypass to?

When I mod AES systems the early ones are the ones that give me a hard time on LCDs but the newer ones work no problem. I mean chipset (SNK customs) not the encoder(1145).

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
When I mod AES systems the early ones are the ones that give me a hard time on LCDs but the newer ones work no problem. I mean chipset (SNK customs) not the encoder(1145).

Ah understandable. Well I guess its time to wash my hands from this system and go buy a later model hahaha. thanks again for the help Xian xi.

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Whelp is did a rgb bypass mod and it works now so no more idea of throwing it out the window lol