Yaton's selling Candy?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yaton's got some grimy looking candy cabinets on fleabay. I've always heard horror stories about the way he packs/ships items much less delicate than a Japanese arcade cabinet.

Has anyone taken the risk? Curious if it's even worth bothering to maybe get an Impress or a Windy.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I've heard someone, maybe RSG, say he had issues with the cab he got.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
They did a group buy on another forum, from what i've seen it didnt turn out to well. Alot of problems with monitors, psu, etc.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
They did a group buy on another forum, from what i've seen it didnt turn out to well. Alot of problems with monitors, psu, etc.

Basically this.

Yaton quality is hit or miss, and often miss.

Some of the cabs (NNC in particular) were in excellent shape with less than 100 plays on the counter. Others (Egret 2) had cosmetic issues but were mostly working. And then others (Windy 2) were mostly all non-working chassis with cosmetic issues.

When buying a cab from him, my understanding is that he handles shipping to port only. You have to clear customs on your own then transport it to your house from the closest port. It won't just show up at your door and that's not the final price you'll end up paying.

At least with eBay you have a bit more coverage due to buyer protection.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
On his listings, if you live in the USA, he does door to door shipping. How that works, I have no idea.

I did a GB and got the majority of the cabs that came were non-working or working with problems. My windy 2 "tested working" was covered in mold, mildew and grime and the flyback was DOA. So really its a paperweight at this point.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Does he ship the cab in a pizza box?

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
My cabs came from the same gb as rsg. My cabs were list nos too. Both didn't work. My egret 2. Psu was dead. Rsg and 300wins helped with that its up in running. The windy2 dead on arrival. Psu also dead so couldn't test monitor. But had to junk monitor as the burn on it looked like Satan himself had started into it. Replaced with another. Still cannot check because psu bad. There is no documention on it at all. Sent it to sharp image they are going to fix it. I sent rsg my chassis from my junk tube in hopes he can get his working as his is dead dead.

I did a little digging and take this with a grain of salt because it could be wrong. But apparently there's a law in China that anything sold has to be nos and or working so that's why yanton has to list them now or working. Has to do with something that shipping agents won't touch it other wise.

If you plan on getting a cab from Him just buyer beware especially if a special tube like egret2. If its broke when you get it you are pretty much sol.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Don't buy these cabs unless you have some tech skills. They would be okay for the price if you didn't have to pay for shipping.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Don't buy these cabs unless you have some tech skills. They would be okay for the price if you didn't have to pay for shipping.

Even with tech skills, some shit isn’t fixable. Unless you were going to do a GO of common shit like aero/Astro- I’d avoid.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
There is no "special" tube in an egret 2 I wish people would get this through their fucking hard fucking heads.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
There is no "special" tube in an egret 2 I wish people would get this through their fucking hard fucking heads.

IM only going by what someone else said. So its not a special curvature?
What type of monitor can you replace the one that came in it.

Last edited:

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up everyone. Assumed it was shit cabs but curious if anyone had actually gone to the trouble of confirming.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
the one who gets dumped will know. And maybe he will let us know here or he is to shy to tell that he has tried to buy a cab in china. I wouldn´t do it. Better stick to well known importeurs who have experience in sending and shipping those fragile tubes

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I tell you what it is very tempting - the price is reasonable and it seems like it is delivery to your door. Although many of my mvs carts came from Yaton back in the day, if it looks too good to be true... it probably is.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Truthfully I think he baits and switch, He's got a "working" Windy II up for sale and I bet when yours comes in it doesn't work. He knows you can't send it back so you just eat it. Shade tactics.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
If anybody in the states would start selling Candy cabs they could make good money. I would buy two right off the bat but no one wants to mess with it especially on the east coast.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Truthfully I think he baits and switch, He's got a "working" Windy II up for sale and I bet when yours comes in it doesn't work. He knows you can't send it back so you just eat it. Shade tactics.

He definitely does this.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If anybody in the states would start selling Candy cabs they could make good money. I would buy two right off the bat but no one wants to mess with it especially on the east coast.

No one wants to pony up the money to buy possible broken cabs, it's gonna be hard unless you have deep pockets.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Unless Yaton has moved to China, he is just the middle man on these cabs. Add in the language barrier and it's a total crapshoot. At least if you buy through eBay you have some recourse if it arrives not as described. But again, with shipping, you are paying a lot of money for potentially a lot of hassle. Resist the temptation.

tumblr_omxgfpTyHq1vrpazoo2_500.gif

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
He's been doing bait and switch on his cps1 eBay listing putting 12hz boards on the pictures then its A ether not working when you get it or B its not 12hz board.