You are the new CEO/President of SNK Playmore. What do you do?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Ignore modern gamers. Re-release select first party AES titles over time in limited numbers.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
This. :up: Not sure if better applies. Would also deny any affiliation with Pachislo crap. Blame it on aliens.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Release Dracula X in neo-geo AES :)

It's not an arcade game. Different concepts, different rules. As this goes, you could as well demand a Metal Gear Solid Neo transfer, including all pre-rendered clips & the ridiculous dialogs. It's about the same fit. It won't happen tho... lucky us ;).

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Release a legit collectors edition AF3 US with a pack in Tin-tin statue with two bonuses, a loupe and a roll of NGX toilet paper.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Finally release World Heroes 3 Concorde, then do more pachinko because the market is only good enough for my games as long as stuff is DA RAREZ. Most ppl are gamers (cheap mvs) or collectors (da RAREZ) so there's no revenue to be made. If my Team is very smalk perhaps take the wyo approach, but the quality of the games will suffer.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
If we're going into full fantasy here, OK this would be the dream:

• Hudson Soft gets resurrected.
• SNK, Hudson Soft, Sega, and Nintendo make an alliance for a new cutting edge Arcade and Home Cartridge based platform.

• The new NX is this platform, it gets released as Arcade cabinets, Portable Devices, Cellphones, and Home Consoles.
• This alliance releases physical carts that work on all platforms, so buying a game can work in an arcade cabinet, cellphone, or console. With REAL MANUALS., advanced 3D Printing technology enables these carts to be POD, thus enabling each of these companies extensive back catalog to be available for this new system.
• Sega releases a Sonic thats actually better than Sonic 3.

Arghhh! that felt good, please excuse me, I ran out of tissues.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...physical carts...

Now this is a blast from the past. Physical media is already treated like an Amiibo, i.e. it stays in in its original plastic wrapping, in the meantime, the average man plays downloads, everdrives or emulation. So, if I was CEO, my first directive would be to deprive physical releases of any packaging, throw them out virtually naked with nothing on them but the title, a simple stamp mark, like back in the days during the good old white label era.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Sell everything and be rich. showmethemoney.gif

Or: SNKOS. An operating system focused solely on retro fighting games. We'd only need to ...improve... a LINUX distro.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Sell everything and be rich. showmethemoney.gif

Or: SNKOS. An operating system focused solely on retro fighting games. We'd only need to ...improve... a LINUX distro.

Wasn't that the Neo-Geo X?

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'd get all of the NGP/NGPC games emulated on both the 3DS VC and Vita. I'd then try to mimic the Genesis Classics series on Steam for all the Neo games, i.e. good emulation but not retooled ports with the associated cost. Assuming that would result in enough profit, I'd then hire Arc Systems to develop new 2D Samurai Shodown and Metal Slug games. I might even consider giving Platinum a shot to do Metal Slug in 3D correctly, and could you imagine a From developed Magician Lord? Frankly, if you're making games in Japan these days and not using the those developers, why bother?

spoonz

Quiz Detective
The first thing I would do is switch KOFXIV to Unreal Engine and contact Arc System Works for some guidance on getting that Guilty Gear Xrd look. Then afterwards make Last Blade 3, Garou 2 and a new Sam Sho.