You can't spell overated without EA!!!!

Super Porky

Camel Slug
Are there any gamers out there that feel EA's sports games are overrated? It seems every year that their sports titles out sell the competition, even though most of Sega's sports games are much better.

FOOTBALL: Madden is great, but Sega/ESPN is right there with it in terms of quality. Actually, Sega's probably out done Madden this year.

BASKETBALL: No contest!!! Sega's NBA 2K series owns Live easily. I've never played a better basketball sim than the NBA2K series on the DC. Every Live game I've played on PS2 has been crap.

HOCKEY: Again, Sega reigns supreme at this sport too. They captured the actual feel of ice hockey so well. The game plays a little more defense oriented like hockey is played nowadays. ESPN plays in slick 60 FPS whereas EA's NHL sreies has had choppy framerates and arcadey gameplay.

Mainstream gamers just seem to have no taste!:oh_no:

aria

Former Moderator
Bah!

NCAA Football 2004 = Why EA is Tops in my Book

Sure, Sega Sports' NCAA 2kX series had a few better stadium designs, but the sheer depth of both gameplay and options (ohhh the options) on EA's rendition puts it to absolute shame.

Besides, I've been an EA fan since Racing Destruction Kit on my Commodore 64.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Word on that, ive hated EA's homosexual guts since the PSX days of 3 FIFA's a year, dodgy then no Saturn ports.

Cunts is all i can call them.

Not tha some of their games arent good, but i do have major issues with them.

Super Porky

Camel Slug
Re: Re: You can't spell overated without EA!!!!

Phoenix Down said:
It took you this long to figure that out? :smirk:

Not really. I knew when they let the Saturn die.;)

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I do prefer sega's basketball and football games, but EA's tiger wood's golf is the best golf game out there IMO.

Matt

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
:buttrock: mario golf for game cube is the best golf game :buttrock:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
EA = locust of gaming companies.

They buy them out and proceed to destroy whatever decent games they are making.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Lastblade said:
EA = locust of gaming companies.

They buy them out and proceed to destroy whatever decent games they are making.

good analogy (Spelling)?

except... SIm City is still good... I guess Maxis (even though bought by EA) acts as a pesticide for the EA game killers?

†B†V†

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
Super Porky said:
Are there any gamers out there that feel EA's sports games are overrated? It seems every year that their sports titles out sell the competition, even though most of Sega's sports games are much better.

FOOTBALL: Madden is great, but Sega/ESPN is right there with it in terms of quality. Actually, Sega's probably out done Madden this year.

BASKETBALL: No contest!!! Sega's NBA 2K series owns Live easily. I've never played a better basketball sim than the NBA2K series on the DC. Every Live game I've played on PS2 has been crap.

HOCKEY: Again, Sega reigns supreme at this sport too. They captured the actual feel of ice hockey so well. The game plays a little more defense oriented like hockey is played nowadays. ESPN plays in slick 60 FPS whereas EA's NHL sreies has had choppy framerates and arcadey gameplay.

Mainstream gamers just seem to have no taste!:oh_no:

Except for football, in which either game is great depending on your tastes, you are right on the money about basketball and hockey.

People seem to still remember the 16-bit days when EA delivered not just innovative options, but also the best gameplay around. Bobak's reply about Racing Destruction Set is a case in point.

Now, their gameplay seems too sloppy with other companies delivering far better gameplay.

FIFA seems too american to be a good soccer game and is easily bested by the Winning Eleven series or ISS on N64. Any soccer purist will acknowledge this.

NHL 2K3 delivered the most realistic hockey simulation last year and now the gameplay is better as well as looking good. The NHL series is a shadow of it's former self.

I also prefer the ESPN Football over Madden simply because I find it more exciting to play, not to mention that it looks better.

In the only sport which EA has really outdone themselves is Golf, though. Their analog swing control and gameplay is incredible and is easily the best golf game around.

All people say nowadays is the options. Sure options are good, but if the game stinks, what's the point?

In the recent issue of Official Playstation Magazine, Greg Sewart (a fellow Canadian) reviewed all the current hockey games and said that although ESPN Hockey was the best he had ever played and will be the only game he takes online, he would rather play NHL 2004 for the single player experience since it has a better Dynasty mode.

This makes no sense since while he's playing his franchise in NHL 2004, he'll secretly be wishing those options were on ESPN Hockey because the game PLAYS better. Sort of like having power everything on your car as well as the highest end stereo system, but what you're really driving is a Chevette.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Re: Bah!

Bobak said:
NCAA Football 2004 = Why EA is Tops in my Book

Sure, Sega Sports' NCAA 2kX series had a few better stadium designs, but the sheer depth of both gameplay and options (ohhh the options) on EA's rendition puts it to absolute shame.

Besides, I've been an EA fan since Racing Destruction Kit on my Commodore 64.
I couldn't agree more. Their NCAA Football franchis is the finest football, hell sports game around. Madden is okay and NBA Live and MVP Baseball are just weak.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Bluevoodu said:
good analogy (Spelling)?

except... SIm City is still good... I guess Maxis (even though bought by EA) acts as a pesticide for the EA game killers?

†B†V†

They only reason EA is letting Maxis (or more specifically, Will Wright) do his own thing is that they are huge money makers (Sim Citys + The Sims). If they aren't nearly as popular as they are, they would be raped in the ass just like every other developers that they have acquired.

Although EA do make some fun games every now and then (SSX, NBA Street), most of their lineup = recycled crap.