You too can prevent insertion mark on the cartridge

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
This is the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time.

May I introduce you to...

smb10-1.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Why not just take the mobo out of your neo console and wrap that in 3M scotch tape instead. Saves you more tape in the long run. XD

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
Why not just take the mobo out of your neo console and wrap that in 3M scotch tape instead. Saves you more tape in the long run. XD

You know what I should do...i will take the top off then make a customized top with a paper box but with a bigger slot.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The best satisfaction you can get from your home carts is to play them. I use my Neo Geo no different from my Sega Genesis and it is so awesome.

BeefJerky

Actual Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The best satisfaction you can get from your home carts is to play them. I use my Neo Geo no different from my Sega Genesis and it is so awesome.

Okay, seriously people.

We all know it's sad days when HMG is making sense.

Even though the man knows everything.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I don't know everything, for I am a disciple too. We must all, get on sat985's level, if we are to understand the true meaning of the Neo Geo.

All my AES carts have very deep insertion marks.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Can someone please ban this idiot.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Obscure Little Britain reference? I'm impressed by your eclectic taste in television shows, Gutz.

Can't believe you get that shit over there, some rubbish sketch show with two guys dressing up in drag, almost makes me feel ashamed of being English.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
In my experience, carts usually already have insertion marks on them when you buy them (except for new old stock (NOS) carts). The rare and valuable games (ie, the ones where you'd bother avoiding making insertion marks) are not likely to be NOS (and they'd be too expensive if they were). NOS games are usually common/early AES games.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
yes. they are not.

I guess it's the power of positive thinking - first you can magically make boots real if you close your eyes and hope hard enough and then you can turn them into tits. Neo magic.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
You know what I should do...i will take the top off then make a customized top with a paper box but with a bigger slot.

I know what you should do...it's not that

Can't believe you get that shit over there, some rubbish sketch show with two guys dressing up in drag, almost makes me feel ashamed of being English.
hmm English guys dressing in drag, not new from what I remember (Pythons,Towers)

Can someone please ban this idiot.
He already has been banned once

I dont think my stuffs are boobs. Thats like saying we havent stepped on the moon and it is all fake.
Wait, when has the Koreans been to the moon?

Play the damn (bootleg) games, it's not an investment

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I promise you that tape will leave way worse residue marks on the cart over time, and you'll wish you didn't care so much about insertion marks. Those little splotchy off-color areas on your cart's shell are going to drive you batty in the future :vik:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I am american i have a us passport!

what is a "us" passport? Is it in engrish?

pics or GTFO

maybe you could make a little block using Delrin/PTFE to make a buffer area for the cart/flaps? Hell, why not just spray some PAM on the flaps, that would reduce the friction, no?

Last edited:

BlackFlag

Formerly Lamuna
I promise you that tape will leave way worse residue marks on the cart over time, and you'll wish you didn't care so much about insertion marks. Those little splotchy off-color areas on your cart's shell are going to drive you batty in the future :vik:

I only put tape when I am playing then remove them immediately so the tape stays on for like an hour at max.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm a little confused here. I thought you don't play your games but have them sealed away?
But then if you play, you only play for one hour? WHY ONLY SO SHORT?