Zack & Wiki opinions?

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Well, I've just recently finished Super Mario galaxy and I was left with a very good taste of mouth (best game I've played since Half Life 2 without a doubt). What a game.

Now I'm craving myself a new adventure. I understand Zack n Wiki is more of a point and click adventure but that's fine as long as the game's good. So how is it? Is it worth the purchase? Or more of a rental kinda deal? Any opinions welcome.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's well worth it. I got it right after Mario and I really enjoyed it. The puzzles are clever and will rack your brain. You need to play it a few times to get them right.

Gametrailers.com has a pretty good video review of the game. Most places online have had glowing reviews. The game uses the Wiimote in a bunch of clever ways that some other games haven't.

It's really worth it if you like puzzles.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
YuckMud said:
It's well worth it. I got it right after Mario and I really enjoyed it. The puzzles are clever and will rack your brain. You need to play it a few times to get them right.

Gametrailers.com has a pretty good video review of the game. Most places online have had glowing reviews. The game uses the Wiimote in a bunch of clever ways that some other games haven't.

It's really worth it if you like puzzles.
Thanks for the opinion, I actually went ahead and gave it a rental, I'll post my impressions tomorrow.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i wish more games like this were around.

the best part was i bought it before the FAQ's were done.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
If you do decide to buy it. Your best bet to get it is Toys R Us. I work at one and we seem to keep getting copies of it in. I sold five copies and thought we were almost gone then yesterday when I went to by CoD4, I saw another five-four in the case.

Places like GS/EB sell out because people are trying to hunt the game down, it's kinda like finding Elebits, but now I'm seeing used copies of that in stores for 35.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
YuckMud said:
If you do decide to buy it. Your best bet to get it is Toys R Us. I work at one and we seem to keep getting copies of it in. I sold five copies and thought we were almost gone then yesterday when I went to by CoD4, I saw another five-four in the case.

Places like GS/EB sell out because people are trying to hunt the game down, it's kinda like finding Elebits, but now I'm seeing used copies of that in stores for 35.

I think Elebits is out of print now. Local store has new copies on clearance for $24.00.

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Finally sat down and played it a bit, I'm on the second world now I guess you could say (the ice one).

At first I thought it was actually an adventure game but it's more of really just an arcade type puzzle game where you solve the puzzles in a small stage, you grab the treasure chest and proceed to the next stage. There's no actual exploring, you just go straight into the next stage. Arcade type game really, like I said before.

I like the game, not sure I'd buy it tho, I'm glad I gave it a rent tho, enjoying it so far.

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
Its a great game, and I highly recommend it. Though alot of deaths seem super cheap at times, which prompted me to put the game down for a few days. :(