The Comic Book Thread

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I have every issue of Rat Queens but have yet to read it. I read a short preview and really liked it and then got busy.

On an Image related note, I can't believe the bank the early issues of Saga are bringing in.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I have every issue of Rat Queens but have yet to read it. I read a short preview and really liked it and then got busy.

On an Image related note, I can't believe the bank the early issues of Saga are bringing in.

Hands down Rat Queens is one of my fav titles, I feel bad for any one named Gary I might ever meet now because of this comic

Yeah I never see a single issue on the shelf and it's getting rare to see the tpb for Saga in bookstores now

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I received this today:

asm50ss.jpg

only cost me $410 :buttrock:

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I got a Stan Lee signed Spidey comic as well, I keep it in a normal bag & board

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Heard really good things about Vinland Saga. Gonna check it out, the volumes are cheap and massive.

Bought myself The Rocketeer DLX and Dave Stevens The Complete Sketchbook.

Also been keeping up on Shadowman.

Can anyone recommend Sex Criminals? Hawkeye didn't do anything for me. The trade seems nice and cheap to boot.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Heard really good things about Vinland Saga. Gonna check it out, the volumes are cheap and massive.

Exactly. You get a LOT of pages for what you pay and the page size is larger than a regular manga (but not quite the size of a new release hard back novel). And it's a hardback manga as well. Really good value, quality and page size for 20 bucks.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
The top books of my read pile every week have been Astro City, the Valiant titles, and certain Dark Horse books relating to the Mike Mignola Hellboy-verse. I still buy DC but it's gotten to be less and less thanks to tanking interest and them canceling series.

I've been picking up the Forever Evil event (just the main book and the Justice League parts, nothing else) but I completely skipped that horrid looking Future's End nonsense. I've also passed on Batman Eternal as well. :annoyed:

No Marvel or Image and the only Dynamite I've been grabbing has been the Gold Key character books like Solar, Turok, and Magnus.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Maybe lttp but:
stxmTUz.jpg

Fuck you Marvel, seriously.

Wait.

Is this for real? Because, without any context because I don't read the book, this just feels like an arc to me.

I really don't give a shit about Miles Morales at all, but I know people like him. Seems odd they'd get rid of him after all the hype about him. Unfair to his fans, too.

I'm guessing it's Mysterio or something like that.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Clone, LMD (are there LMDs in the ultimate universe?) or something.
Anyway typical marvel "twist". I was hoping they would keep him dead.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It's probably really him, now that I think about it. It's likely a set up for the Spider-Men mini series, which supposedly features every incarnation of Spider-Man that has ever existed.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
It's probably really him, now that I think about it. It's likely a set up for the Spider-Men mini series, which supposedly features every incarnation of Spider-Man that has ever existed.

You're thinking Spider-Verse which is by Dan Slott who's said he's not using Ultimate Peter cause he'd rather use Miles and the fact Ultimate Peter is dead. Spider-Men 2 is Bendis so all bets are off with that one, as someone who reads Miles's book I assumed it is anything but the real deal

given he's now showing up in All-New X-Men there's no way that is Peter from the dead since Miles is Bendis's pride & joy

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
You're thinking Spider-Verse which is by Dan Slott who's said he's not using Ultimate Peter cause he'd rather use Miles and the fact Ultimate Peter is dead. Spider-Men 2 is Bendis so all bets are off with that one, as someone who reads Miles's book I assumed it is anything but the real deal

given he's now showing up in All-New X-Men there's no way that is Peter from the dead since Miles is Bendis's pride & joy

So Marvel is lying again, then.

Because this Spider-verse thing is supposed to be EVERY version of Spider-man that has ever existed.

Including Ultimate Peter.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Do you realize how many fucking versions of Spider-Man are in the multiverse?

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Well, they said it so they have to do it or I get to complain.

Marvel needs to reteam Joe Mad with Tim Townsend, his pencils to colors is just like right there at being mind blowing awesome but get him a inker of equal skills like Townsend and it's up and over that awesome mind blown hill

groundzero

Cheng's Errand Boy
This has been out for a while, GI joecobra hearts and minds bymax brooks is amazing

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Yeah I have the hardcover for it. It is a series of character pov issues, not a typical GI Joe comic at all. Its kinda neat, but I think it is over-valued price wise.

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/idw-gijoe-hearts-and-minds/
As far as recent Joe stuff goes I haven't ventured past the Warren Ellis penned GI Joe: Resolute animated movie, so I'm not really looking to jump on that at the moment, just think its neat that Max Brooks penned a GI Joe mini

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
just read Prophet 1-3(this is the newer deal with other artists working with Rob L idea) and they are *ucking awsome!!!!!