Hardcore Metal Fans Get Your Ass In Here!!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Spellgoth (Horna) old solo demos from 2009 finally released on tape. Solid!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Lovely

Edit
That Austere track is amazing

Yeah, it’s great. Austere would have to be the cream of the crop when it comes to DSBM, a sub genre that is very hit and miss and probably hasn’t aged all that well. Austere are top tier though, highly emotive stuff. Local fellas to me too.

Hey, did you hear the new Warmoon Lord split yet?

Not yet, I meant to pick it up but slept on it and missed the splatter LP. Will probably grab the tape.

Warmoon Lord’s album was one of my top 10 from last year.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Yeah, Realm of Chaos is pinnacle Bolt Thrower for me( and most, I’m sure), but I really enjoy Warmaster as well, along with The IVth Crusade. That whole era of Earache Records where they were releasing absolute quality after quality record is hard to beat. Shame the way the label went in the end.

Yeah, warmaster isn't bad (I was half joking).

I
Love
Old
Earache

Anyways, I've been listening to this (Not on Earache)

geise

Mickey's Coach
^Classic!

Yeah I also have a soft spot for old earache. Still have my old Grindcrusher cassette.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Still have my old Grindcrusher cassette.

Awesome :)

So, I don't typically care for much "progy" metal, but I've been listening to this Thought Industry album and I really like it. I've known the band name forever but I didn't like what I heard until this.

It reminds me of Voivod's "Nothingface" (but far more interesting) mixed with, at times, some of Confessor's "Condemned"'s rhythmic/chuggy elements..while still retaining a relatively unique sound.

Last edited:

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
One man bands have always impressed me so much. I'm a big, big fan of Falkenbach.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Yeah, it’s great. Austere would have to be the cream of the crop when it comes to DSBM, a sub genre that is very hit and miss and probably hasn’t aged all that well. Austere are top tier though, highly emotive stuff. Local fellas to me too.

Not yet, I meant to pick it up but slept on it and missed the splatter LP. Will probably grab the tape.

Warmoon Lord’s album was one of my top 10 from last year.
Heard it already?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
One woman black metal band Hulder has a new promo out. It's tasty!

https://hulder.bandcamp.com/

Mate, SHE’S tasty!

E4-A28-A4-E-3-FA7-40-B2-81-D4-5-E451-F8225-EF.jpg

Heard it already?

Nah, I need to get onto it, listening to so much new stuff right now, I’ve gone down the Bandcamp rabbit hole.

Yeah, warmaster isn't bad (I was half joking).

I
Love
Old
Earache

Anyways, I've been listening to this (Not on Earache)

Asphyx is top tier. My mate does promotion over here and was looking to bring them out to Aus at one point, not sure what happened with that but with Covid-19 all touring is on hold, obviously.

And yes, Thy Sepulchral Moon are great. Some other great Eastern Black Metal is one man band Inferno Requiem.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hey F4U57. Do you hear Soul of a New Machine in this or am I crazy?

This is from 1995. I never heard of the band until last night.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Never heard of them before either, but that’s killer! I hear a lot more early Swedeath there than I do Soul of a New Machine but it’s subjective. Thanks for the heads up.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Never heard of them before either, but that’s killer! I hear a lot more early Swedeath there than I do Soul of a New Machine but it’s subjective.

Sure, I hear that, among many other things too. But parts like 0:47 - 1:04 to me sound like the closest thing to a band doing something SOANM-esque. The riffing there, the drumming and especially the vocals.

Which is good or bad taste depending, but a rarity nonetheless!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

IDK if this album was considered C-rate for the early Norwegian scene but I can't stop listening.