Neo Geo Carpet...... $25k

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I prefer the original materials that come with the game when I buy it, unblemished and untarnished and in no way altered by any resellers.

Even ones who purportedly claim to have the 'right' to do so.

And mugging for a camera while you shred original inserts is a massive dick move that does nothing to endear yourself to potential customers. It also does nothing to back your claims of legitimacy.

If NGF wanted to be professional and be taken seriously, they should have been above the flame wars and mud slinging and allowed the community to have their voice without rebuttal. They should also have been receptive to the community's thoughts.

The fact that they weren't receptive proves all the claims and allegations against them as far as I'm concerned.

Even SNK-P, for all their cockery as a business, doesn't go into fan forums and tell everyone they're full of shit, and they get more than their fair share of flak.

A real company claiming to be an official distributor for an overseas corporation would never embarass their partner by engaging in the drama and practices we've seen rise out of this.

aria

Former Moderator
I think INSANE is trying to marry a doll...

Could we not throw this thread off the rails with another thread about the subject? There's plenty in the War Room.

icon35.gif
ありがとうございます
icon35.gif

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Maybe I'd pay 25,000 for it but would they take Monopoly money for it?

Is there some pure gold silk woven in there that makes it worth that much and what if you did grt it? You certainly wouldn't want anybody walking all over it. SHEESH! :rolleyes:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
A dollfucker telling people to get a life,hahaha awesome.This place never seizes to amaze me:buttrock:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I prefer the original materials that come with the game when I buy it, unblemished and untarnished and in no way altered by any resellers.

Even ones who purportedly claim to have the 'right' to do so.

And mugging for a camera while you shred original inserts is a massive dick move that does nothing to endear yourself to potential customers. It also does nothing to back your claims of legitimacy.

If NGF wanted to be professional and be taken seriously, they should have been above the flame wars and mud slinging and allowed the community to have their voice without rebuttal. They should also have been receptive to the community's thoughts.

The fact that they weren't receptive proves all the claims and allegations against them as far as I'm concerned.

Even SNK-P, for all their cockery as a business, doesn't go into fan forums and tell everyone they're full of shit, and they get more than their fair share of flak.

A real company claiming to be an official distributor for an overseas corporation would never embarass their partner by engaging in the drama and practices we've seen rise out of this.

Well said.

It's simply amazing the extent to which Chris Ray and Dion Dakis continue to defend their practices.

amurphy245

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Anyone want to give me a quick summary about this chris guy,ive just seen the horrifying image of him shredding the neo geo insert :(

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anyone want to give me a quick summary about this chris guy,ive just seen the horrifying image of him shredding the neo geo insert :(

From the neo glossary (which is out of date):

Chris Ray
Self proclaimed "Big-Tymer", Mr. Ray (AKA ChrisR) is being sued (with business partner Dion Dakis) by Playmore (parent company of the Neo Geo) for copyright infringement. His antics have defrauded multiple collectors. He has sullied his own reputation with multiple bad deals and lying to both fellow fans and SNK itself. His close business associate is Dion Dakis and their company is NeoGeo Freak/NGF. Of the two, Mr. Ray is known for being the technical mind. Buyers should definitely beware. See NeoGeo Freak/NGF

That lawsuit is about half a decade old or so, but I believe the court costs created a financial crisis for him. That, and his marriage to Dion Dakis also suffered as a result. I'm not sure if they are still married or not (I heard they were married in CA):

Dion Dakis
Self proclaimed "Big-Tymer", Mr. Dakis (AKA "Dion" or "Crazy Dion") is being sued by Playmore (AKA "parent company and legal copyright holder of SNK and the Neo Geo") for copyright infringement. His antics have defrauded multiple collectors. He also possesses one of the largest Neo Geo collections on the planet, but he has sullied his own reputation with multiple bad deals, ridiculous and hateful banter, and lying to both fellow fans and SNK itself. His close business associate is Chris Ray, his company is NeoGeo Freak/NGF. Of the two, Mr. Dakis is known for being the salesman. Buyers should definitely beware. See NeoGeo Freak/NGF

I believe they were married for about ten years or so. They also lost their las vegas home when it was foreclosed upon. Dion met Chris at Perdue when he was selling some snake oil in the student centre. Their Neo Geo Freak company (no relation to the NGF magazine) is now mostly defunct and mostly deals with exotic oils.

NGF/NeoGeoFreak (UPDATED!)
NeoGeoFreak/NGF-USA (commonly known as NGF): A very controversial company that took its name from the Japanese fan magazine. Formed by Dion Dakis and Chris Ray, two very big Neo Geo collectors. Their business tactics and honesty have been challenged on more than several occasions, including their release of KOF2k US. NGF and its founders Dion and Chris are currently being sued by Playmore (the legal owner of SNK's intellectual property rights) for multiple reasons. Here is the original press release from January 2003. NGF products are considered counterfeit and frowned upon in the Neo Geo Community. Avoid, avoid, avoid!
http://www.ngfusa.com

That's as much as I know. A lot of it might be wrong, but this comes from a lot of sources whom I've grown to trust.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I heard Dion shredded all his dollar bills and printed "NGF money", and that is why he went bankrupt, is that right?