Blast City Club

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
just sell more LV Inc products ;)

It's a bummer to see you sell your blast, but I'm with you on being debt free and not hoarding stuff that doesn't get played :) I should probably sell some paper weights myself...

don't get me wrong. keeping the HD cab and NAC, although I may sell the Clone HD cab for the real deal from ken@thegameroom. I'm on the fence about that one because I've dumped so much time into it. the NAC is for sure staying.. that MS9 is seriously so nice.

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
you're closer than most people that have expressed interest. you pay for and arrange the shipping.. I'm willing to have it ready for someone to pickup.

I know...

Just sprung for a ton of stuff though, so I can't right now (at least not in a 'good' way.) ;)

If that went up in July, I would have already sent you the money. Doubt it will last that long though.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
in the blast's control panel ?? the only receptacles in there are female AMP UP. you should post a pic of what you're talking about because I'm lost :lolz:

normally I use 24 AWG for controls, and 18 AWG for ground & power. use the appropriate pins.

from wiki:

AWG#20-16 Female pin for male housing - 175152
AWG#26-22 Female pin for male housing - 175151
AWG#20-16 Male pin for female housing - 175150
AWG#26-22 Male pin for female housing - 175149

the pins themselves are the same size/length, it's the crimp collars that are bigger/smaller to accommodate different wire sizes.

The connectors are AMP UP and I was going to go with 22 gauge wire. So the next question is the crimping tool and extractor. I only found one site so far with these for sale and it was over $200. Surely there are cheaper alternatives.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
the wiki is your friend ;)

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Crimp_Tools

this hand tool will crimp just about every open barrel connector.

http://www.amazon.com/Hozan-P-706-Open-Barrel-Crimper/dp/B002TKG11G

Yea, just found that, but did not think to check Amazon which is a lot cheaper than the wiki recommended site. I think I might have a crimper anyway. I have a higher-end crimper with exchangeable anvils that I use on my motorcycles. The smallest gauge it goes to is 22 AWG. So before I place the order, what pin sizes are already stock inside the control panel area of my Blast? The site offers 20-16 pins or 26 to 22. The wiki site says the harness wire size normally found in the control panel are is 22 AWG, but don't to assume the pins are the same.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Damn that's an expensive crimp tool. I just used a $9 one from Radio Shack.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Damn that's an expensive crimp tool. I just used a $9 one from Radio Shack.

I got the cheapy one from radio shack too, then I switched to that hozan one from Amazon, it's worth the money.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Smaller unless you using large gauged wires like 16 and below.

^ this

crimping 22/24awg with larger pins is tricky.

the larger pins are for power cables, and crimping multiple 22/24 awg cables on the same pin.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
If you do end up buying the bigger ones just clip off the excess on the tabs and it will crimp fine if you need to crimp smaller wires. That is the only difference the length on those.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rotated my Blast monitor back to vertical. This time I took the advice to lay it on its back and remove the marquee so I could stand over it with one leg inside the empty marquee area.

Much easier than rotating the monitor with the cab standing up! Took all of 15 min and a lot less effort than normal.

Great tip guys!!!

09u3uwgl.jpg

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
We call this technique the “Foot in hole” maneuver.

Did you have to loosen the 4 frame/cage screws or did your mounting bolts align okay as they were?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
We call this technique the “Foot in hole” maneuver.

Did you have to loosen the 4 frame/cage screws or did your mounting bolts align okay as they were?

Hehe.

Nope, not this time! The bolts had to be loosened last time, I just couldn't hold the monitor straight enough to get aligned. It's fucking heavy and fairly awkward. Loosening the bolts gave me some slop to play with.

With the Blast on its back it was much easier to get it lined up and let gravity handle the rest.

Foot in the Hole for life. :p

Chempop

I’m getting a bit sick of my blasts’ marquees so was thinking of changing it up soon.
These still need a little more work, but any advice/opinions are welcome.
16505392200_0761510145_c.jpg

16585788941_76e05c7987_c.jpg

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I’m getting a bit sick of my blasts’ marquees so was thinking of changing it up soon.
These still need a little more work, but any advice/opinions are welcome.
16505392200_0761510145_c.jpg

16585788941_76e05c7987_c.jpg

Wait... Chem and a fighting game? You sure you the real chempop? :lolz:

Chempop

I’ve been feverish lately, and I don’t mean I’ve been playing Fever SOS/Dangun Feveron. :loco:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Doggypoon looks awesome!

Kof 98 gives me flashbacks to 90s' R&B boy band or something, Needs more King...or was it Blue Mary...anyway try sticking one of the blondes in there.