Blast City Club

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Doggypoon looks awesome!

Kof 98 gives me flashbacks to 90s' R&B boy band or something, Needs more King...or was it Blue Mary...anyway try sticking one of the blondes in there.

No thx. There is only Athena:athenaad.jpgAthena-retro.jpg
:keke::keke::keke::keke:

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
So who's making Blast City marquees these days?

I used to have a contact who made Naomi Uni marquees; plastic (or whatever you call it), not paper.

Who's doing them these days?

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy

He just did an order, so you'll have to wait 6-10 months.
I suggest designing your own and having a print shop make them on “back-light marquee material” :D

Thanks guys.

I have a LOT of official Naomi Universal marquees, and a few bespoke ones for games that weren't made with one.

I really need to get my Blast City converted from that "Winner" marquee thing to the normal kind where I can use the normal marquees...

Orrimarrko

Kula's Candy
Thanks CP - that's what I'm looking for.

Don't know anything about buying from Yahoo Japan though - anyone bought from here before? (Any advice?)

Also, the lighting setup in my cab for the Winner marquee is probably different from what normal marquee setups are, right?

How do I convert all of that?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

Don't know anything about buying from Yahoo Japan though - anyone bought from here before? (Any advice?)

Also, the lighting setup in my cab for the Winner marquee is probably different from what normal marquee setups are, right?

My advice is don't use Rinkya :-) fees make even the best deals to much.... I'm curious about the light as well. It's off centered and much smaller so I wonder how it will look.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member

shoppingmalljapan is what I use these days. Rynkia has the highest fees.

finding the normal bill board will be tough. it's not something that comes up for sale unless someone is parting out a cab.

I have a spare normal billboard as below. no ballasts or anything, but you could easily mount and wire a regular one. you can just having if you want to pay for shipping.

dscf0576d.jpg

Westcb

Just finished my Ikari panel. Designed by Codecrank, ls-30s rebuilt with ECZamgiefs guide, and overlay printed by GOG. Will throw this in a cab tonight to test after I make one more cable for 2nd player. (Lemony taught me how to make these)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425765696.150355.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1425765737.717722.jpg
Still deciding about button color but I think it turned out pretty great and was easy to do with the NG crews help, thanks guys.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
man that turned out really nice ! think I'm gonna pop in a few quarters in mine right now :D

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
West, great job on the panel. Nice work on the cable as well :) I wish my cables turned out half that good. My crimping skills are weak.

Westcb

West, great job on the panel. Nice work on the cable as well :) I wish my cables turned out half that good. My crimping skills are weak.

Me and Codecrank have different cabling philosophies, especially when it comes to ground wires. He showed me his that he did for his Ikari warriors panel and I did like how his turned out so I may borrow that method on the next panel :-)

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
so someone posted a few pages back about a wire bypass for the PCB door switch.
who do i have to suck off to get one of those?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Dug out my tall Capcom I/O mounting feet, and was able to figure out a way to squeeze my entire Naomi setup onto one mounting board. Still enough room for swapping Naomi carts too!

Now it fits nice and neat into the Blast.

o3dvyNyl.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Dug out my tall Capcom I/O mounting feet, and was able to figure out a way to squeeze my entire Naomi setup onto one mounting board. Still enough room for swapping Naomi carts too!

Now it fits nice and neat into the Blast.

o3dvyNyl.jpg

Nice dude! That's awesome. I ended up settling on mounting the capcom IO and Sun PSU on my mounting board, then setting the Naomi on its side next to it.

When I tried a vertical orientation like that, the metal mounting brackets kept the board from sliding into place on the rail. Did you trim yours down or something?

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Use spacers so the mounting bracket is floating where the top rail is. I did that with a cheapo Happ pcb rack so I could maximize the size of the shitty mahjong/strip poker PCBs that I can slide into my cabinets.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Use spacers so the mounting bracket is floating where the top rail is. I did that with a cheapo Happ pcb rack so I could maximize the size of the shitty mahjong/strip poker PCBs that I can slide into my cabinets.

What do you mean by spacers? Got a pic or link to what you're referring to?