Blast City Club

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Or you could use a zip tie like the rest of us peons.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Nice dude! That's awesome. I ended up settling on mounting the capcom IO and Sun PSU on my mounting board, then setting the Naomi on its side next to it.

When I tried a vertical orientation like that, the metal mounting brackets kept the board from sliding into place on the rail. Did you trim yours down or something?

I had the same issue with the Naomi mounting brackets, both the plastic and metal ones.

I ended up on using them at all, and instead securing the Naomi using small L-shaped corner braces from my local hardware store. Super simple, cheap, and perfect for this kind of compact installation.

6770887.jpg

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Or you could use a zip tie like the rest of us peons.

maybe the zip i've got there is too small or something; occasionally my cab will turn off if the door is open :(
this has ruined a couple good runs.

Lem, PM send!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I had the same issue with the Naomi mounting brackets, both the plastic and metal ones.

I ended up on using them at all, and instead securing the Naomi using small L-shaped corner braces from my local hardware store. Super simple, cheap, and perfect for this kind of compact installation.

View attachment 23497

Great idea! I might have to do the same, if/when I ever find a new Capcom IO that can use the tall mounts.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
FYI - I might be doing a group buy for Blast City speakers. I'm getting some for myself if anyone wants to jump in too! Interest check thread up in the ZDTF.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Put together a NOS single player panel. Trying something different with the magenta ball, it matches the Blast City logo color pretty damn well in person.

FuWOlial.jpg

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
What are the standard button models the Blast has? Are these Sanwa OSBF-24 for 1P and 2P start and OSBF-30 for the 12 push buttons?
I'd like to buy spare speakers too, anywhere I could find these?

Chempop

What are the standard button models the Blast has? Are these Sanwa OSBF-24 for 1P and 2P start and OSBF-30 for the 12 push buttons?
I'd like to buy spare speakers too, anywhere I could find these?

pretty much, green P1, pink P2, yellow start buttons. I personally think blue/pink, blue/red, dark blue/violet, orange, or even white, all look better on a blast. Green seems out of place to me.

For speakers: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?257485-Group-Buy-Blast-City-Speakers-%96-INTEREST-CHECK

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Thanks for confirming! Yeah actually I have in mind replacing the original ones for different colours. Just wanted to be sure about the exact model before ordering.

For speakers, Reclaimer won't ship out of US, I need to find another way to get these :) Good try :)

Chempop

Sanwa snap-ins and screw-ins are popular and basically the same, but it’s worth trying seimitsu snaps and screws which are quite different than each other. The Seimitsu snaps have a wider rim and are flat buttons with a more firm spring, while the screws are somewhat more like a more rigid sanwa with a convex curve on the button and more “squish” as you press em.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Spoiler for who cares..

Spoiler:
Throwing around technical terms like "squish" and "somewhat". Lmao.

Screw-ins are slightly higher quality when considering Sanwa buttons, especially in terms of consistency when installed in different panels. Snap ins can be tighter or looser fit per panel resulting in bad functionality. Most mere mortals can't tell, however.

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
Spoiler for who cares..

Spoiler:
Throwing around technical terms like "squish" and "somewhat". Lmao.

Screw-ins are slightly higher quality when considering Sanwa buttons, especially in terms of consistency when installed in different panels. Snap ins can be tighter or looser fit per panel resulting in bad functionality. Most mere mortals can't tell, however.

Whatever dude, when we used to play at your place the screw-in buttons would inevitably come loose after some serious mashing and we'd need to open the panel and screw them in again. Snap-ins fo' life.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Whatever dude, when we used to play at your place the screw-in buttons would inevitably come loose after some serious mashing and we'd need to open the panel and screw them in again. Snap-ins fo' life.

which is why operators normally put a drop of lock tight on the screw-in button's threads

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Thanks for confirming! Yeah actually I have in mind replacing the original ones for different colours. Just wanted to be sure about the exact model before ordering.

For speakers, Reclaimer won't ship out of US, I need to find another way to get these :) Good try :)

I will, check your PM. :)

As for buttons, snap ins are always preferable for me because of their nice grip on the panel. However, Ive had a few panels where snaps sit loose, especially on the 24mm start buttons, so those get the screws.

I didn't realise Seimitsu snaps and screws felt different, time to go test! I almost always run with Sanwa snap buttons, for really no good reason other than they work ok, the colors were correct, and I didn't like my old Seimitsu screws.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Actually Jambit, you fook, all you need is a rubber washer and them shits will never loosen up. I've moved out of the dark ages, thanks.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
anyone know where i can get some raiden fighter 2 artwork i can have made into a blast marquee. cool craig is making it for me but i need to give him the artwork

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
So I have been itching to play some 4 player Konami games on my candys. Luckily in a random post lemony mentioned making a 4 player harness for TIT. Flash forward to just now I whipped this little guy up with some technical help from Lemony and some design advice by Codecrank. I plugged it in for a test fitting into one of my blasts tonight and it worked like a champ. I will move this over to a dedicated two NAC line up later but for now it's blast city relevant.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428115518.991583.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428115528.058538.jpg

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
that's so bad ass, you can pick up crime fighters and vandetta for cheap, pretty fun konami 4 player beat em up games.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
dude i just askd lemony to make me one for sunset riders........is there anyway u can make me one i have moneys!!!!!

looks sick im sooooooooo jelly

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
dude i just askd lemony to make me one for sunset riders........is there anyway u can make me one i have moneys!!!!!

looks sick im sooooooooo jelly

If lemony is still busy and not making them hit up james (jnx). He made me some sweet rotary cables on the cheap. It takes me a stupid long time to make cables and I only got enough parts left for One more which goes to my candy bro Stellarola :-/ I can definitely help you order the parts if u want to make one, it's not difficult just takes time and about 140 feet of wire :-)

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'm about a week late in posting in this thread, but the used cab smell is still intoxicating!

Blast City.jpg

Is there a place currently sourcing marquees and/or other art?