what was the best show on tv... that never got a fair shake/ cancelled way too soon.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
We all have gotten into a show that was so amazing- only to see a network cancel it way too soon or to have it get stuck in a constantly moving timeslot only to get cancelled. I know we are all thinking firefly- but what else was out there?

i vote for 'Better off Ted'. It was an amazing off the wall comedy about life in a super corporate envoirnment. It got almost no marketing. It was a midseason replacement and got renewed as a midseason replacement again only with a different timeslot. When it was cancelled they aired the remining episodes 2 at a time to mow though the rest and then it was never heard from again. this was great television.

both full seasons are on netflix streaming.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It wasn't amazing but I was peeved that it got canceled. A show called Reunion, aired on Fox in the mid-00s. Each episode was a different year, followed the lives of high school friends and their connection to one of the friends that was killed in the present day.

Stupid show but I liked it and it stuck with me. Got canceled mid-season and never got to see who the killer was. Yeah the answer's on wikipedia but who gives a shit.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

i cant resist- here is one more from better off ted- they inserted a commercial from the fake company in the show into every episode. its a great way to seperate acts.

dedalusdedalus

Crossed Swords Squire
The obvious choice is Arrested Development.

I also think Space: Above and Beyond was cancelled way too soon.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member

Turth be told i didn't give it a chance when it frist aired,then i didn't watched it untile years later as reruns.

Good show but it was on a crappy network know as fox :p

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
This is an easy one for me... FIVE different shows actually.

ahead of it's time, and last ONE season. :(

Favorite Cop TV show that lasted one pilot
and 13 episodes and was canceled. Dick Wolf had too
many shows on at once and New York Undercover did better
than this one. James McCaffery would become the voice of
Max Payne later, but watch Swift Justice and you see that
the character is based on Mac Swift from this show.

don't get me started. BROWN COAT 4 LYFE!

wasn't feeling the show at first but it grew on me. Then as FOX
had done before, they canceled a show people were caring about
for more mindless reality shows.

and lastly...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i loved sarah connor chronicles. i own both seasons on bluray. i really truly wanted to like 'the good guys' but i couldnt get into it. i see a lot of fox on your list, mike- no love for cop rock?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
i loved sarah connor chronicles. i own both seasons on bluray. i really truly wanted to like 'the good guys' but i couldnt get into it. i see a lot of fox on your list, mike- no love for cop rock?

What's Cop Rock?

Yeah FOX tended to have stuff I liked but they always ended the shit. Good Guys did drag at times but it was funny. Much better than the other crap on the air. Just now started watching Arrested Development (and love it). Only current sitcom or show I watch now is "Community"

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
What's Cop Rock?

Yeah FOX tended to have stuff I liked but they always ended the shit. Good Guys did drag at times but it was funny. Much better than the other crap on the air. Just now started watching Arrested Development (and love it). Only current sitcom or show I watch now is "Community"

you are in for a treat. look up cop rock on youtube. it was a gritty cop drama/ broadway musical circa early 90's. also it was abc- not fox- my bad. it was pure amazing. lastly- good on you! glad to see another community fan!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Better of Ted was just a poor man's Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
Human Giant. even though the cast went on to lots of other funny projects, i still think it deserved more seasons. it was The State for the 00's. GODAMMIT MTV, AT LEAST RELEASE THE 2ND SEASON ON DVD!!

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member

A rag tag bunch trying to do good in space, man I was so into this way back in the mid 90's, only 6 episodes made it to air

Best damn version of Spider-Man in animation, a pity that it got canned during the Disney buy out of Marvel

This team was more mentally screwed up then anything which made for some great dynamics. Damn shame it ended on a cliffhanger

Boggles my mind why this wasn't picked up

Really well done show, while it had two seasons I'm not sure why it was canned yet damn Tim & Eric( at the time ) had their show still on

dedalusdedalus

Crossed Swords Squire
You know what I completely forgot to mention? Pirates of Dark Water. Will Ren ever find the thirteen treasures of Rule? :conf:

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Jericho. Absolutely loved every minute of it but it got a little out of hand the last couple of episodes. Maybe due to it being cancelled and they had to wrap it up?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Lucky Louie. I loved that show, wish it had another season. Also Z-rock I found entertaining but the 2nd season focused more on the guests than the band's story so it lost a lot of viewers. It had Greg Giraldo on their and he was great.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
My picks have already been mentioned: Space: Above and Beyond, Firefly and The Sarah Connor Chronicles. (Meanest fucking cliffhanger ever!)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Firefly
Jericho
Space: Above and Beyond
Freaks and Geeks

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
D'oh. I should have mentioned Jericho as well. At least they continued it as a graphic novel.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Dead Like Me; I love that show, but it got canned after 2 seasons. At least they did a movie to finish the story, but it was rushed.