Total Recall - The Perfect Arnold Movie?

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Seriously, I can't think of a better one.

Predator and Conan: The Barbarian both come close in some aspects, but neither one can beat it when you look at it as a whole.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My vote has to be for Commando for "perfect Arnold movie". It's nothing but Arnold.

As for the best movie he was in, I'd have to say Predator.

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
Hmm, I don't suppose we can turn this into a poll, can we?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Personal favourtie Arnold movie: Last Action Hero
Runner up: Kindergarten Cop

Personal best movie with Arnold: Terminator
Runner up: Predator

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i know now why you cry

but it is something i can never do

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Commando, T2, Total Recall, Conan the Barbarian, and Predator. Top 5 no problem.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
A couple of days ago, my buddy and I tried to dissect the whole Arnie movie legacy. Decide which were out favorites, what made those movies so strong, etc. After we did all of that we went back and looked at the box office numbers that were available, and what we saw was Total Recall made MASSIVE money on the rental market. We thought that very interesting and may be why many people love Total Recall over alot of the others. James Cameron did an awesome job with the movie as far as presentation was concerned, and he really built Quaid's character around Arnie very well. After I saw the movie in the theaters back when it came out, my gf at the time had just read the book, after I saw the movie I then read the book and it was easy to place Arnie into the character I was reading in the book.
I still think Commando is my favorite due to the outline I took from the movie. Ex-military (best of the best), great one-liners and the whole man vs. army (that steals his little girl) gives its the depth it needs to really take it over the top. Out of all the movies that he's been in, I feel strongly saying that Commando is the one I could NEVER see remade with someone else playing John Matrix. Geez, I'm going to go watch it right now on Laserdisc.

and rememeber, these are only opinions of the panda and to be used as entertainment only :D

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
perfect movie a side, i was talking with a friend about the new "Total Recall" in theatres and said "i can imagine if Arnold was watching it... he'd be standing there, smoking a cigar and would say 'this is bullshit!'..."

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A couple of days ago, my buddy and I tried to dissect the whole Arnie movie legacy. Decide which were out favorites, what made those movies so strong, etc. After we did all of that we went back and looked at the box office numbers that were available, and what we saw was Total Recall made MASSIVE money on the rental market. We thought that very interesting and may be why many people love Total Recall over alot of the others. James Cameron did an awesome job with the movie as far as presentation was concerned, and he really built Quaid's character around Arnie very well. After I saw the movie in the theaters back when it came out, my gf at the time had just read the book, after I saw the movie I then read the book and it was easy to place Arnie into the character I was reading in the book.
I still think Commando is my favorite due to the outline I took from the movie. Ex-military (best of the best), great one-liners and the whole man vs. army (that steals his little girl) gives its the depth it needs to really take it over the top. Out of all the movies that he's been in, I feel strongly saying that Commando is the one I could NEVER see remade with someone else playing John Matrix. Geez, I'm going to go watch it right now on Laserdisc.

and rememeber, these are only opinions of the panda and to be used as entertainment only :D

James Cameron did not direct Total Recall. It's a Paul Verhoeven film.

You're thinking of Teminator/Terminator 2.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Terminator and Predator are both freakin' amazing. I was never a huge fan of Total Recall. Probably because I watched it about 8 years after it first came out...

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
1: Predator. Arnold getting out of the helicopter, lighting up a big fat cigar, one of my favorite movie moments ever.

2: t2. From the beginning to the end, what an amazing movie.

3: the running man. Great old school 80's futuristic movie with some bad ass arnold elements. I whish these movies were still made..

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
1.) Total Recall
2.) Terminator 1 and 2
3.) True Lies

Other runner ups

Predator
Red Heat

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
vlcsnap-2012-08-16-16h02m24s182.png

I'm just sayin...

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
I still don't understand why True Lies isn't out on blu-ray.