Post Your Recent Purchases!

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
Does the PSP have a lot of good shooters? I've never really had a PSP, maybe now is the time to jump in and check some of these games out.

its the sole reason i bought one again (had one at launch but got rid of it a while ago), so far it hasn't disappointed in the shmup category

only other games i've got are the Soldier Collection (which is great) and NeoGeo Heroes (which is ok i guess, need to spend more time with it)

i've found this post to be pretty accurate

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got some stuff over the last few weeks:

- RGB Modded SNES-Mini package - courtesy of Skips

- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (snes)

- Metroid repro cart w/ battery save and map hack (nes) - thanks shadowkn55
JA9kSMo.jpg

- Bunch of nerdy tees, in wonderfully fitting and high quality American Apparel, including a Cave Combat System Gold foil print! :) - courtesy of Lordstar @ shmups forum. These things are badass! :buttrock:

yyuGJ4L.jpg

Ww49m4H.jpg

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Those t-shirts are boss. Are they one-offs or somewhat available?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Lordstar makes them to order I believe. He's also looking for new designs to take on, so the best bet is to PM him.
His thread is here: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21158
Lots of choices. I would like to add, he's super flexible. I asked him if he could do AA shirts and he was more than willing, barring I pay a little extra, but the option is great. unlike the dealings I've had with "other" shirt printers that do these custom prints, monthly. ;)

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
That SNES looks so nice opt2not :D Those NES repros means it's a copy or something like that?

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
The NES repros are all bootlegs, but usually they are created either due to insane rarity (NWC carts) or they add something that wasn't there in the original. The metroid cart as stated above adds a map function which didn't exist in the original. There are also versions of some of the Vs. games as repro carts which are just slightly different versions of the home game that were used in arcades (e.g. Vs. Duck Hunt, Vs. Super Mario Bros).

I had a couple of copies of Vs. Duck Hunt, but now I wish I had bought the Vs. Duck Hunt NES repro :) Got rid of the Vs. arcade cabinet but still have my nintendo.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
The NES repros are all bootlegs, but usually they are created either due to insane rarity (NWC carts) or they add something that wasn't there in the original. The metroid cart as stated above adds a map function which didn't exist in the original. There are also versions of some of the Vs. games as repro carts which are just slightly different versions of the home game that were used in arcades (e.g. Vs. Duck Hunt, Vs. Super Mario Bros).

I had a couple of copies of Vs. Duck Hunt, but now I wish I had bought the Vs. Duck Hunt NES repro :) Got rid of the Vs. arcade cabinet but still have my nintendo.

Oooh I see, it's quite interesting about these adds. Thanks!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Two great titles turned up today. I can't wait to go home and give these games a go.

10898056_10155056499275453_8879213185482752858_n.jpg

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Pulstar > Blazing star.

I didn't like blazing nearly as much.

BONUS!

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Two great titles turned up today. I can't wait to go home and give these games a go.

10898056_10155056499275453_8879213185482752858_n.jpg

Nice gets! Those are 2 carts that -have- to be in everyone's library. I'm also crazy jelly of those T-shirts! Especially the Earthbound one.

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Does he have AA shirts in stock? If so I will be ordering some asap as those shirts fit super nice.

yyuGJ4L.jpg

Pasky

Will never understand people and wooden video game items. That thing will probably get scuffed up. It does look nice and looks like great craftsmanship though. Do you drive one of those station wagons with the wood paneling?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Will never understand people and wooden video game items. That thing will probably get scuffed up. It does look nice and looks like great craftsmanship though. Do you drive one of those station wagons with the wood paneling?

WTF are you doing with your arcade sticks? I've had my wooden stick for a couple of years now and it isn't scuffed up at all. As Shroom would say, "Take care of your shit."

I think that arcade stick looks fucking awesome.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Does he have AA shirts in stock? If so I will be ordering some asap as those shirts fit super nice.
He gave me a AA catalog and asked me which style I wanted it printed on. There are a few options -- I went with the Standard AA.
So I think in this case it was supplied on demand, but I'm assuming he might of ordered a bunch for stock.
Lordstar does great work, and he is really flexible. His service to the community is top notch...and he's willing to work with you to get you exactly what you need. I'm already putting together a list for my next order! Highly recommended.

I agree. If those 1CC shirts were AA I would buy one every month.
Yeah, I tried asking him for AA shirts before, and his response wasn't very helpful nor did he even bother to give any kind of option. "tough luck" was basically the response.
I still went ahead and bought one of the 1CC shirts, and without fail, after a couple washes those Gildan shirts start feeling like burlap, and have always fit weird on guys like me. If you're a heavier set guy then I'm sure Gildan's are fine for you, but as a medium sized half-asian man, those Gildans have too wide of a middle, and the shoulders do not hug as close enough as the AA ones do (they tend to point outwards, and you get that flappy pointed sleeve thing) Just not really a flattering fit altogether.

Needless to say, unless those 1CC shirts are printed on higher-quality shirts I'm pretty much sworn off getting another one.

Pasky

WTF are you doing with your arcade sticks? I've had my wooden stick for a couple of years now and it isn't scuffed up at all. As Shroom would say, "Take care of your shit."

I think that arcade stick looks fucking awesome.

My TE sticks have bangs and shit everywhere from taking them places, putting them on the floor and what not. That's the beauty though, it's just a piece of plastic and I don't care if it gets banged up, it still works with scuffs and wont stab me with a splinter if I scathe it :P.

Boat200

New Challenger

I plan on giving it some good wear. Not worried about the scuffs, dings, and dents to come. Patina.

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
i hate to think what that stick cost, looks nice though i have to admit

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Got Free New Marth Amiibo from Amazon UK. I ordered it last year, and it got lost in the mail. I messaged them and they refunded me. Today out of the blue it got delivered. The box it was in was beat up a torn, the the figure /packaging was fine.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
i hate to think what that stick cost, looks nice though i have to admit

I don't think they would cost that much to make personally. It's just the labor charge you pay out the ass for. I may have to attempt something like that.