Post Your Recent Purchases!

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Congrats, externally at least that supergun looks pretty similar to the ArcadeForge MAK Strike.
As for the arcade power supply - I also have one of these and agree that it feels pretty flimsy even compared to other Chinese ones although functionally it seems to do the job.
For home use I suggest modding these PSU's since its pretty dangerous to have the AC screws exposed. I usually wire the AC internally and run the AC cable out the back and deactivate / disconnect the AC screw terminals. Also its worth bridging FG and GND internally, thus saving the need for the jumper wire.

Those are all good points. It is a little ridiculous to have 120v just sitting exposed on those screws. When the better psu arrives I'll make those mods. For now the HAS is in my closet.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Nice scores, man I love to have a PVM if anything just for vertical games so I can flip it.

definitely! i have my cmvs connected with s video and it looks amazing. i love it! im hoping to get another one in october

ASID is right though, it looks like you're one of those people who buys stuff just to buy stuff, which is quite silly IMO. That being said you do have a nice collection.

i understand it may seem like i buy a lot but i got a lot of this stuff super cheap from a local game store from helping out around the store while they were away at game on convention in arizona. I buy what i like and only if i have extra cash after paying mortgage and bills of course.

View attachment 28442
A few more for the collection. Plenty of cleaning to be done here.

geezuz! what a nice mvs haul!

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Heres some stuff I picked up recently,

d6UPcoZ.jpg

The jap Xbox i got from feebay.

oWgBx5Q.jpg

Xbox Hori Stick got from a dude in the SRK forums

RdBgEOY.jpg

Last Resort is missing poster but Ninja Commando is complete

4kY5Wr9.jpg

jwE9mlz.jpg

Jap Saturn and games I got feebay.

SgcKLG2.jpg

Wii U pro pad from goodwill. Didnt know people were already dumping their wii u stuff.

XMu7MWS.jpg

Picked up from a forum member on here.

1yRZ8It.jpg

NES games got from a local shop.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
WOW, some serious Shmups you got there. Congrats!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
RGB is the true gospel. can't your PVM do it or why did you settle for s-video?
Im using s video for now until i can purchase a rgb cord for the cmvs Im also planning to get a scart to bnc connector for my super gun as well

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Heres some stuff I picked up recently,

d6UPcoZ.jpg

The jap Xbox i got from feebay.

oWgBx5Q.jpg

Xbox Hori Stick got from a dude in the SRK forums

RdBgEOY.jpg

Last Resort is missing poster but Ninja Commando is complete

4kY5Wr9.jpg

jwE9mlz.jpg

SgcKLG2.jpg

Wii U pro pad from goodwill. Didnt know people were already dumping their wii u stuff.

XMu7MWS.jpg

Picked up from a forum member on here.

1yRZ8It.jpg

NES games got from a local shop.

I can only imagine what that Saturn lot set you back. Good scoop!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
That Tempest cab is a real beauty. And that's a nice MVS haul, too. Windjammers and Ninja Commando are both fantastic games and increasingly hard to find. Congrats!

SAKAMOSTRO

Rugal's Thug
definitely! i have my cmvs connected with s video and it looks amazing. i love it! im hoping to get another one in october

i understand it may seem like i buy a lot but i got a lot of this stuff super cheap from a local game store from helping out around the store while they were away at game on convention in arizona. I buy what i like and only if i have extra cash after paying mortgage and bills of course.

geezuz! what a nice mvs haul!
Thanks!

What a haul! Nice!

May I ask what products you use to clean the cartridges/labels without damaging them?

I was told by Xian Xi to use deoxit d5, usually I've used alcohol and Qtips, but everything from Xian Xi is pure wisdom. Cheers!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I can only imagine what that Saturn lot set you back. Good scoop!

I would guess $800-1200, but I can't find the particular auction on eBay. That's a large amount of money to drop all at once, but also an excellent lot of shmups that can be enjoyed for years.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It was 2 different auctions and a BIN. The 2 auctions was from the same seller. He had Radiant Silvergun, Battle Garegga, and Batsugun in one bundle, and the rest in another auction. Probably shouldn't have gone for those 3 but I got into a bidding war and ended up winning at $475 for the 3. The rest of the games were $425.

All together it was a bit over $1000. But man, it's priceless to learn that the saturn wasn't complete shit.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I got super lucky on snagging a couple boxed consoles. First I found a boxed Master System in fantastic condition. One controller and the phazer looked unused. Everything was in amazing shape and the twist ties and baga were tucked in there too.

IMG_20150823_170356.jpg
IMG_20150823_170430.jpg

Second one I found was a boxed NES with some games. An older couple was going to trade it at a game store. They were offered under 50 in credit for all. I gave them 80 in cash and took everything home. All games are 100% complete. The copy of Metroid is ULTRA mint. Box is almost perfect and has gloss to it. Sticker on cart is perfect and the instruction manual is minty.

IMG_20150906_152412~2.jpg
IMG_20150906_152419~2.jpg
IMG_20150906_153152.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It was 2 different auctions and a BIN. The 2 auctions was from the same seller. He had Radiant Silvergun, Battle Garegga, and Batsugun in one bundle, and the rest in another auction. Probably shouldn't have gone for those 3 but I got into a bidding war and ended up winning at $475 for the 3. The rest of the games were $425.

All together it was a bit over $1000. But man, it's priceless to learn that the saturn wasn't complete shit.

Nice but you could have learned that a lot cheaper with some CD-Rs, or we could have just told you for free ;)

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
This finally arrived. I don't know what it is but the USPS hates to deliver any packages from California on time lately. Well worth the wait:
c8dcd7d61737795d14a72a7a32cb59fa.jpg

Spoiler:

It's a really good Tetris PCB :)
c91a54a5769d5c1ce0616882827b1636.jpg

city41

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member

You can tell a lot about a gamer by their opinion of the Saturn.

Amazing deals! I always wanted to be at a game store at the right time when an exchange like this occurs. Love the Official Nintendo Player's Guide as well. I still have mine, but not in that shape.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
4kY5Wr9.jpg

jwE9mlz.jpg

Shit tacoguy that's some major wonga to drop but you got some seriously good shooters there, the saturn is IMO the best console for shooters.
I wish i had the coin to buy the originals myself i gotta make do with a chipped saturn and burnt cdr's lol.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
My Blast City's makeover is complete!

These are the buttons and balls I ordered and posted loose a couple weeks ago, now paying homage to the Neo Candy control panels:

Blast City Neo CP.jpg

The custom marquee finally completed its voyage across the pond:

Blast City SamSho Marquee.jpg

Here is the whole thing with the typical terrible iPhone picture of the CRT refresh:

Blast City Makeover.jpg